Chapter 26 : Synapse

Nishikata was walking back to school towards the intersection where he nad takagi would usually meet

Nishikata : ( he was really worried about takagi) ( she didn't even come to school yesterday... She isn't even answering her calls or texts...) did I do something? ( after the events, nishikata had called sumire to ask if she knew why takagi was angry but takagi didn't answer sumire)

Nishikata waited at the intersection for some time and sighed in relief when he saw takagi walking towards him.

Nishikata : good morning takagi

Takagi : ( she didn't even acknowledge his presence and walked straight past him)

Nishikata : wait what ( he walked behind her) what wrong?!

Takagi : ( without giving nishikata a second thought she kept moving forward)

Nishikata : (panicking) did I do something to anger you?!

Takagi : ( no response)....

Nishikata : ( stood in front of her and blocked her path) HEY answer me!!

Takagi : ( she gave nishikata a cold hard stare)

Nishikata : ( taken aback by her cold and distant attitude) I don't understand....

Takagi : ( stop playing dumb) (she moved past him and to the school)

--------------------meanwhile--------------------
Kusuo and his friends were discussing something...

Kusuo : I'm telling you challenging nishikata-kun is not a good idea todo (I've gotten on his bad side once I don't wanna do it again)

Todo : what the heck are you scared of, sure he is strong but theres no way he can handle all four of us at the same time.

Kusuo : all three of you, I'm sitting this one out ( that guy would have killed me if it wasn't for Takagi-san...)

Friend A : stop being a wuss, don't you wanna get revenge?

Kusuo : no thanks I choose life... (he started walking away)

Friend B : what a pussy ( taunting kusuo)

Kusuo : don't forget I warned you...

For the whole day nishikata kept trying to talk to takagi but she just didn't respond.... After all that it was the end of school... Everyone had left class and started walking home, nishikata and takagi had cleaning duty he tried to take this chance to talk to her, try to set up games or competitions but takagi never responded...

Nishikata : Takagi please...

Takagi : ( she was still giving him a cold shoulder, she was now leave the class room)

Nishikata : (I need to do something, anything) ( he blocked the exit and stood in front of her) please...

Takagi : ( this fool doesn't even realise that there is another door to exit)...

Nishikata : ( this is all I've got) will you go to tomorrow's cultural festival with me? (I said it I finally said it)

Takagi : (she almost broken out of composure for a second but quickly gritted her teeth) No.

Nishikata :.......... What?

Takagi : ( she didn't say another word and left the class room using the other door)

Nishikata : ( he didn't know what to do, what to think, he was sure this would get a reaction out of takagi but he never expected denial..) ( he couldn't do anything he just Sat there for a few seconds, sinking deeper into the feeling of failure and defeat)