Chapter 19 Sunday shenanigans

Izuku's POV-

Over the next month, I tried talking to Todoroki, but was only greeted by short answers or even worse, I was flat out ignored. It made me feel like shit, but there was a feeling that had stayed with me throughout that month. I knew something was up with him and hearing Dad talk about his 'Father' just proved that itch in the back of my mind further. Nezu was also closely looking out for Todoroki's well being, but there was very little evidence to suggest he was in harm's way. I sighed and sat on the couch chewing on my fingernails, a new habit I had just picked up. 'What if I'm just looking too far into things? He probably meant everything he said anyways.' I shook my head hoping the negative thoughts would be shaken out as well. It was a Sunday which meant no school. "Goodmorning Kiddo."

"Mmh." I only responded in a grunt too engrossed in my feelings to respond in complete sentences. "Have you taken your pills yet?" My eyes met Pa's. "No, I'll do that right now." I smiled sheepishly and moved over to where my pills lay. After the big breakdown of the century, I had to go to a therapist. With a lot of convincing and lying, I had gotten Dad and Pa to not make me go anymore, but I still had to take depression and anxiety meds. I wasn't too thrilled so I just spit them out. I didn't see why I had to change. I was perfectly fine. After I placed the pills under my tongue I reached onto the counter and grabbed a croissant. Careful not to swallow the pills I ate and made some conversation with Pa. Once I finished eating I scurried to the bathroom and spit out the pills and changed into workout clothes so I could train.

First I went for a jog. I loved to run. It felt so liberating. I loved to feel the wind fly past my cheeks and caused a sharp sensation to go through my lungs every time I took a breath. I loved to see the leaves swirling past me cascading down to the ground so it could join its dead brothers. The city I lived in was relatively small compared to some of the cities in Japan, but to me it was huge. Buildings lined each street each with a different business inside. Sometimes I liked to roam around and look through the shops. There were some pretty interesting ones too. I once found a bug candy store. I gagged at the thought of a scorpion lollipop but found the idea quite interesting.

When I finished jogging I went to the training room and meditated while waiting for Dad to be ready so we could fight. I sat down and tried to calm my breathing. Every time I took a breath my lungs ached, but I liked the dull pain, it meant I was still alive. Once I got my breathing under control I began to get into the zone and blocked out my surroundings. Of course, when I did that, that was the moment Dad decided to show up and attack me out of nowhere. I cradled the back of my head and glared at Dad. "You should always be prepared for an attack."

"But that hurt!" I whined and a fake pout made its way across my face. "You're such a baby. Are you ready to train yet?" I stuck my tongue out at him and replied with a short 'yes'. We both ran at each other and began to fight.

<<Time Skip>>

We had to be forced to stop fighting by Pa after three hours. We hadn't even realized we were in there that long. We laughed as we made our way to the table that had sandwiches laid across it. I grabbed a turkey sandwich and devoured it in 30 seconds before grabbing another one. After I finished the sandwich I left to go to the library. I spent the rest of the day reading books before going home and eating dinner. "Goodnight Dad and Pa."

"Goodnight!"

"Goodnight."

I slipped into my room and hid under my covers. I didn't want to go to school tomorrow, but I couldn't do anything about it. Also, I had a feeling like something was going to happen and I needed to be there.

A/N- Art by mhatransparents on Tumblr