Chapter 17 Panic

Izuku's POV-

I got up bright and early actually looking forward to school which hasn't happened in years. I rubbed my eyes and cleaned the eye boogers out before looking around my room for my uniform. Once I spotted them I jumped up and changed.

"Hey, Daddio!" I threw finger guns at Pa. "Hey Izu! Want any food?" He gestured to the bacon behind him and my stomach made a low growling sound. I looked down embarrassed. "Yeah." I grabbed the food and ran out the door saying goodbye on the way out. Technically I was 30 minutes early, but Todoroki said he liked to be at school early and that means I get to spend more time with him. I smiled remembering the walk home yesterday.

I ran as fast as I could without using my quirk but ended up using my quirk just a little to boost myself forward. The school was getting bigger and bigger as I approached it. I slid my card through the card scanner and ran into the classroom. Only Todoroki and Iida were in the classroom. Iida looked at me and I could tell he was about to yell at me for running in the halls, but I cut him off by waving my hand in his face telling him to shut up. Todoroki looked weird today. It was something in his eyes that told me he was regretting something deeply. He couldn't even look me in the face. I squinted my eyes examining him even further. He had a bruise on his face and neck as well as some burn marks along with his hands. "Hey Todo how are you?" He scoffed at me before his face morphed back into one of regret. "I need to talk to you alone. Can we go into the hallway?" I slightly panicked inside. Nothing good happens in the hallways alone, but I still smiled and nodded my head. "Yeah, one sec. Let me put my bag down first though." He nodded and got up waiting at the door. I put my stuff down and followed him into the hallway.

He was walking for a bit before he chose the wall behind the bathrooms. We both stopped and he turned and stared at me. To the untrained eye, he would look bored, but I could see it. The hurt and frustration he was hiding in his eyes. "W-what did you want Todo?" I was nervous about the outcome of this meeting. "Let me just say this once," He cleared his slightly shaking voice and straightened his posture. "I don't want any friends. And I especially don't want to be involved with a weak freak like you." My eyes were starting to water. "Friends are a waste of time. I need to make it to the top and you are just a hindrance to me. Don't talk to me again." At that, he left his shoulder brushing past me. I just stood there in shock, tears pouring down my face at a fast pace.

Todoroki's POV-

As I said my words that Father scripted for me I noticed Aizawa's bright smile turn into a pained expression. I felt horrible, but it is what Father wants me to do. I shuddered at the thought of what he would do to me and Aizawa. So, after I was done I left as quickly as I could not wanting to see the damage I caused.

Izuku's POV-

The bell had rung over 3o minutes ago, but I was still in the same spot crouched down and crying. 'Well, I guess I'm that unlikable. I'm just trash. Why did I even fucking try?' I clawed at my wrists. The rough scratches opened my old cuts causing them to bleed over my shirt. Todoroki's words were playing on repeat in my head. ' I especially don't want to be involved with a weak freak like you. I especially don't want to be involved with a weak freak like you. Weak freak like you. Weak freak like you. Weak freak like you. Weak freak like you.' All of a sudden I felt a pair of hands stopping myself from scratching my cuts. I looked up and saw Kacchan through my blurry tears. "What the hell Deku?"

Bakugou's POV-

It was first period and Deku was missing so Aizawa-sensei forced me and Shitty Hair to look for him. I was looking for a solid ten minutes when I heard muffled sobbing next to the bathrooms. Sure enough, it was shitty Deku. I looked down at him and saw what he was doing. My eyes widened. It freaked the living hell out of me. I mean the one person I have known since childhood is scratching at his bloody arms continuously while whispering that he was a freak. I grabbed his hands and he looked up at me startled. When his brain registered it was me he ran away in fear leaving a trail of blood behind him.

"Tch." I pulled out my phone to text Shitty Hair.

Shitty Hair-

Bakugou- I found him, get Aizawa-sensei, I'm trying to catch him

                                                                                                                      Like he ran away from you?- Shitty Hair

Bakugou- Yeah just get Aizawa-sensei I'm by the bathrooms

                                                                                                                                              Okay got it Bro!- Shitty Hair

Bakugou- Don't call me that Shitty Hair

I clicked my tongue and placed my phone in my pocket. I sighed. I remembered how bad Deku's anxiety attacks were as a kid, but they seemed to disappear after a while. My eyes widened in realization. 'I'm such a fucking idiot. I was too caught up in my own fucking ego that I didn't even realize his panic attack had gotten worse. I'm such a shitty friend.' Aizawa-sensei's panting interrupted my thoughts. "Where is he?"

"I don't have a fucking clue. I was waiting for you, but he ran that way. Just follow the blood trail." I pointed towards the hallway and watched as Aizawa-sensei's face paled at the sight. He started to sprint while texting someone. I ran after him and tried to see who, but it was moving too much.

The blood was starting to drop less which was good and bad. We needed to find him fast before he did anything dumb. We turned the corner and we saw the blood leading up the stairs to the roof. "Not again," Aizawa-sensei muttered. "W-what do you mean 'not again'?" Aizawa-sensei turned his head to me realizing he had just that out loud. "Nothing. We need to hurry. Mic will be here also." I nodded and we barged onto the rooftop.

Izuku's POV-

I watched as Kacchan and Dad sprinted up the stairs. I felt bad for tricking them, but I just wanted to be alone right now. I held my arm careful not to drop any blood and walked drunkenly outside. As soon as I made it out the gates I walked to my childhood park, I smiled at the memories I had made here with Kacchan before he turned on me. A couple parents gave me weird looks seeing as I had blood dripping down my arm, but they didn't say anything. They only gave me judgemental glares. 'Mom wouldn't have wasted a second to help me if I were a stranger.' I teared up at the thought, but shook it off and hid behind a big tree.

The long branches blocked me from the sunlight and more importantly from the view of the parents and kids. I hated being looked at, it made me feel as if I was an elephant on display at a circus. Soon I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

<<Time Skip>>

My eyes fluttered open to the sound of kids squealing. I smiled but stopped as I looked down at my arm. It was a mess. I wanted to barf but held it in. I stood up ignoring the huge headache and rolled my bloody sleeves down. 'Oh shit! What's the time?' I gazed down to look at my grey watch and saw '12:09'. I started to sprint back to U.A. 'Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! Dad and Pa must be freaking out!'

When I entered the building it was nothing out of the ordinary so I just walked in too worried about Dad and Pa to notice the stares some of the students were giving me. I walked into 1-A only to the one and only Todoroki Shoto. He looked at me surprised and worried-like. If it weren't for his words this morning, I would've thought he was genuinely worried, but no he just pitied me. A hurt I had never felt before panged through my chest. I blinked back tears and ran to the teacher's lounge and sure enough, there was Dad and Pa... and Bakugou?