Part sixty-two

(Chloe's POV)

"So you and my mom are friends?" I asked May.

"Yes."

"So how come I've never met you before?" I thought out loud.

"Do you meet all your moms friends?" She asked eyeing me carefully.

"No. But I kinda find it hard to believe that she's never mentioned you though.  I mean you're awesome." I laughed.

"Sorry. I've read about you. I just think you're really cool." I blushed seeing her look at me.

"You think I'm cool because of what happened?"

"No! Well, yes. But not for that reason. Because you did what you had to, and you got past the trauma. I have respect for people who can move past their own trauma." I reply.

"Trauma?" She glared at me.

"Well...I...never mind." I frown. "You know I bet she's gonna make me see someone now."

"Come again?"

"Mom. I bet she's gonna make me see a therapist or something now. I mean I've been an Avenger for like a year, and the times that I've almost died, are like in double digits. Not to mention the trauma I've gone through so far in my life. So yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up seeing a therapist." I explained.

"My ex husband was a therapist." She confessed.

"Really? What happened?"

"We drifted apart. Long story. I don't want to get into it." She said.

Oh.

"Good to know. But I meant to him. You said 'was'." I corrected her.

"Oh. Life happened. There was an accident."

"I'm sorry. That sucks." I apologized. "Most people want to know what happened between you two huh?"

"Like you wouldn't believe." She laughed slightly.

I admired her look on life. She didn't seem to care much what people think.

I liked that.

"Alright. Let's go. If I don't get you back home, heads are going to roll. Mainly mine." Sam said coming over.

"Yeah yeah. I'm come'n." I sighed.

"I like you." I said to Agent May and she showed a ghost of a smile.

"Thank you. You're so bad. Little strange. But you're okay. You remind me of Daisy." She complemented.

Daisy? Daisy...who?

"Who?" I cocked my head.

"I'm her S.O.." She said.

"Oh. Supervising officer. Right?" She nodded.

"I think you'd like her." I smiled at May before saying goodbye and walking away.

"Take care of yourself. And remember what you told me about what you thinks causing them? Try not to do it so much." Jemma ordered, hugging me.

"Yes ma'am." I laughed.

"Doctors orders." She pointed her finger at me.

"Sure thing doc." I joked.

We said goodbye then I followed Sam back into the jet.

"You ready?" I asked Sam as he took off.

"Strap in weirdo." He smirked.

"Shut up."

———————