Ch.11 The Doctor

Sorry for taking such a long break. I just got into Freshman Year of High School, so I didn't have that much time to focus on the story. And as if salt on the wound, my WIFI has been shitting on me for weeks. I'll try my hardest to keep uploading on the weekends from now on.

Disclaimer: I don't own BNHA or any characters in this FanFic. I also don't own or make any art you see in this series! So without further ado, please enjoy.

linelinelinelinelinelinelinelinelinelinelinelinelinelinelinelinelinelinelinelinelinelinelineline

Doctor's POV (Ha! Bet you didn't see THAT coming!)

"Mmmmm, no sparkle girl, I didn't eat the cupcake." I mumbled, enjoying the dream I had no intention of leaving.

That was until I was shaken awake, by a voice that sounded as if it belonged to the deepest darkest pit of hell.

"DANNY! GET UP, WORK'S CALLING!" My mom shouted, the boom of her god-given voice ringing throughout the house.

"MOM! WORK STARTS IN... 3 HOURS! IT'S 3 AM! I'M GOING BACK TO BED!" I yelled back, already slipping back into my heavenly dream.

That was until I was shaken awake again, this time by the sound of the absolute beast I call mother slamming my door open.

"GET UP! SOME KID IS THROWING PEOPLE AROUND IN A HOSPITAL WITH AN UNKNOWN QUIRK WHILE IN A COMA!" She screamed, dragging me out of my Shrek themed bed.

"AHHHHH! HELP SHREK, SAVE MEEEEEEEE!!" I yelled, clearly not fully awake yet.

SHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREK

After putting on my bald hair cream, drinking 9 cups of coffee, and letting mom shooting me down whenever she could, asking when I'll get a girlfriend so she doesn't have to keep waking my lazy ass up every morning. I made my way to the hospital in my rental.

The moon was the brightest during these hours, made known by the amount of light beaming down upon the road.

20 minutes passed by like it was nothing, and I found myself in front of the doors of the hospital.

I take a deep breath, "A kid with an unknown quirk, throwing people around in a hospital? You have got to be kidding me."

But I shouldn't be surprised, these types of things weren't actually that uncommon. People not being able to control their quirk in their sleep is actually a common problem in the world. Most of the time it's a kid that just got their quirk, and still struggling to control it even when they are awake. Because of that, quirk doctors like me prescribe pills that somewhat suppresses a person's quirk. It isn't anywhere near strong as quirk-canceling handcuffs, or the liquid version of the pill, which is much stronger due to it being injected straight into the bloodstream. But it still does the job nicely for young quirk users.

I guess what surprised me the most was the fact that the kid's quirk was unknown. I mean, most kids I see in the workplace come in as soon as it was time to get their checkup. For his quirk to be unknown, his quirk must have developed just before he went into a coma. If not, then it developed while he was in the coma.

I walked down the hallway towards my office, footsteps echoing throughout the building.

Once inside my workspace, I sat down and started reading the patient's file. It consisted of the kid's blood type, brain scan, and other things that were vital for someone like me to do their job. Which in my case, is finding out what this kid's quirk was.

The first thing that caught my attention was the brain scan. If I were to put it simply, the readings were off the charts. The brain appeared to be in a state of "overdrive", meaning all areas of the brain were functioning at 100% efficiency. Maybe even higher.

This usually means one of three things. Either he has some sort of telekinesis, an intelligence-based quirk... or both.

The second thing that caught my attention was the kid's blood. Based on his birth records, his blood type changed from Type O to Type Rh-null. The Rh deficiency syndrome, also known as Rh-null syndrome, is a blood disorder where people have red blood cells lacking all Rh antigens. The Rh antigens maintain the integrity of the RBC membrane and therefore, RBCs that lack Rh antigens have an abnormal shape. That means injury poses a major risk for the kid, but it also means that he has the power to save lives. Rh-null blood can be accepted by anyone with or without a rare blood type in the Rh system, making it "the golden blood," says many doctors in the field.

A person's blood type changing due to their quirk is actually not that uncommon.

Sometimes a human's body has to change a few things for their quirk to work at peak performance. Like if someone has a fire-based quirk, their body would have to be able to withstand extreme heat.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

After about 30 minutes of skimming over the kid's file, I arrived at an answer about what his quirk exactly was.

All signs were pointing to a psychokinesis/blood/intelligence based quirk.

While I can't exactly say what it's actually capable of, I think it's going to be a very strong quirk.

"I guess I just have to wait until the kid wakes up so I can break the news of his qui-" I was interrupted by some frantic girl bursting into my room, breathing at a rapid rate, almost like she was running before she got here.

"D-Doctor! I-Izuku Midoriya is a-awake!" The girl said, trying to catch her breath. The girl before me wore a standard nurse outfit, but she seemed a little too young to be one. Probably the new nurse in training I keep hearing about.

And for this Izuku Midoriya, he's probably the kid I was assigned to. I have this habit of not looking at the patient's name on their file, I just ask their name when I meet them. I feel it helps form some trust between the Doctor and the patient.

Besides, it's much less creepy to ask a name, than it is to search it up.

Alright, sorry if this chapter sucked. I'm just setting the foundations for what's to come.

Word count: 1063