Ch. 19 -What If

Chapter 19 - What If

Another short night comes to an end when I wake up to the voices of Meliodas' friends in the morning. I move myself out of the bed and head downstairs only to smell the most delicious food ever.
"Please tell me Ban has been cooking!" I say and lick my lips.

"You really think I would let the Captain near the kitchen?" asks Ban as he comes out of the kitchen, placing a plate with food on it in front of me. It does not only smell good but looks really delicious as well.

"Ban, you outdid yourself!" I say happily and dig into the food before I begin to drool.

"I would be offended by your criticism but the food is really good!" says Meliodas and shaves the food in his mouth.

"Meliodas, you eat like a pig!" I complain and smirk at him as this brings back old memories and he smirks back at me, his green eyes lighting up in amusement.

"Hey!" complains Hawk. "There's nothing wrong eating piggy-style. After all, we pigs know how to enjoy a meal!"

"I am sorry, Sir Hawk. I didn't mean to offend you."

"If you leave me some scorps, I might forgive you" he jokes and I chuckle. "I will" I say and wink down at him. 

"You don't have to" says Ban as he comes back from the kitchen another time, holding a bowl of food in his hands. "I'd never forget you, Master" he says and places down the bowl in front of him. Hawk squeeks in excitement and dugs his head right into the food.

"So, Captain, what do you think about the Kings prediction that seems to be about Yami?" asks Ban as he sits down with us.

"A prediction?" asks Meliodas and looks up from his plate.

"Don't start this again, Ban" I sigh but he ignores me.

"Yeah, seems like your friend is going to end the war."

"Yeah, I will along with you guys!" I say and get already tired of the conversation. I really don't want to talk through this again. "Pretty sure you're misunderstanding this."

"Yeah, how so?" Ban asks and looks at me challenging, his right eyebrow rised.

"What do I know? Guess it's because someone had to lead your guys asses whilst Meliodas was knocked out."

"Hey, I wasn't knocked out!" complains Meliodas. "I was... healing. Now, what's the prediction about? It really says that Yami is going to end the war?"

"It is not!" I complain once again.

"One of them and yet completely different. Only those who do not choose any side will choose the right one" says Merlin and I glare at her angrily. "That is, what the King said."

"This whole talking about our King and the Majesty is really confusing" sighs Diane and rests her head on her hands that lay folded on the table.
Another pair of feet walking down the stairs can be heard and we all look up to see Elizabeth joining us. Silence fills the room immediately as no one knows what to say. Worriedly and filled with shame, I look at Meliodas, which eyes are filled with nothing but love. He then gets up from his seat and walks over to her.

"How are you feeling?" he asks her softly and she gives him a warm smile.

"I am fine, Meliodas. I'm sorry to see the curse hasn't be broken. Are you doing okay?"

Meliodas and my eyes fill with tears and he nods. "As long as you're with me, I'll always be fine" he says. Elizabeth turns to the rest of us and smiles at her friends.