Chapter 5 Dadzawa saves the day

T.W. Suicide and self harm

Aizawa's POV-

I was on a break after completing a mission when I saw a green-haired boy on the edge of the roof next to me. My eyes widened in shock as I saw the boy about to jump. Without thinking I ran and captured him with my scarf. I was almost pulled off the ledge as I tried to reach over to the other building. By some miracle, I saved the boy and reeled him in closer to me. "Damn problem child." I sighed looking at the unconscious boy wrapped up in my scarf. I examined him and found no injuries from the fall. I took out my phone and called my husband not knowing what else to do. "Hey what's up, babe?"

"I just saved a problem child from dying and now I don't know what to do."

"Heh? What happened to the little listener?"

"He tried to jump off the building right next to me and he is unconscious."

"HE TRIED TO JUMP?!"

"Yes, that's what I just said."

"You need to bring him over right now!"

"Why?"

"So Recovery Girl can see him and so I can help him!"

"How will you help him?"

"What do you mean I have a very uplifting presence."

"Uhuh. More like a presence that makes you want to rip your hair out."

"Babe..."

"Whatever I'll bring him over right now you big baby. Call Recovery Girl while I get home."

"Okay bye love you, babe."

"Bye... love you too."

"Huh what wa-" I quickly hung up the phone and made my way to the rooftop to collect his stuff and went home.

Midoriya's POV-

I groaned as my eyes adjusted to the bright light. 'Wait where am I shouldn't I be dead?' I shot up from the bed and looked around frantically only to see two pro heroes and an elderly old lady. Looking closer I realized they were two of the pros there when my Mom died. "Hey, little listener." I looked down and then back up frightened remembering last time I heard that name. "D-don't call me that." I started hyperventilating. 'Great now I'm having a panic attack in front of two pro heroes that saved me from killing myself.'

 "Oh sorry, what do you want me to call you then lit-" He cut himself off before he could finish almost as if the name was used by reflex. "U-umm Midoriya."

"Problem child, do you remember why you're here?" I looked at the other pro hero who was talking to me. He was the one who could make my quirk disappear. "Yeah, I tried to kill myself why wouldn't I know?"

"Just making sure you didn't lose memory brat." I just nodded looking forward at my feet underneath the blanket. "Where am I?"

"My house litt- Midoriya." I smiled at his efforts to not call me "little listener". "Okay, when can I leave?"

"When she says you can." The hobo looking man pointed at the old lady. She looked up at me and me with her cane. It hurt like hell. "Ouch."

"You can leave now. You shouldn't do that again though your mother must be worried." I snorted at the thought of a skeleton pacing around the house waiting for me to get home. "Okay sure." The two heroes were visibly confused by my amusement. I stood up out of bed. My legs wobbled a bit before I steadied myself and walked over to get my stuff. As I walked out the door I had one last question before I left. "Hey Mic," He turned his head away from the hobo to look at me. "Yes?"

"Did you ever find the man who killed my Mom?" His face paled. He didn't answer so I left.

When I got home to my apartment I broke down and started bawling. 'Fuck I can't even kill myself properly.' I walked over to the bathroom and took a blade out. I unwrapped my bandages and stared at it for a couple of minutes until I brought it down on my arm. The metal felt cold. As I sliced it on my arm it created a pinching sting. I repeated this 30 more times before cleaning my arms and rebandaging the cuts. I walked over to my bed and scrolled on TikTok before falling asleep.

The next day I didn't even bother going to school. Nor the next, or the next. I didn't go at all that week to upset at myself for not being able to even kill myself properly. The school called my house thinking that my Mom would answer without knowing that she had been dead for years. After the fourth day, I sat up and went to go get food. I grabbed a strawberry popsicle and went back to my room to watch anime. 'I don't want to pretend anymore.'