Ch. 9 - Meeting The Ten Commandments [e]

Chapter 9 - Meeting The Ten Commandments
3.000 years ago

"Then tell me, Yami, has he ever taken you with him?" I looked down to the ground. Zeldris was right, when Meliodas left to the other worlds, he always left without me, even tho he knew how much I hated this place. And since he knew Elizabeth, he was barely home at all anymore. I had barely seen him anymore and had no idea what my friend was doing. "That's what I thought" said Zeldris as he looked at me pitiful.
"We're going to free the others now, are you coming?"

"I don't trust this whole thing, Zeldris."

Once again he looked at me derogatory. "Alright" he said as he knew I was not coming with them and started to walk away.

"Meliodas..." I breath out as I sense the danger coming up to him. I feel fear and despair rise inside me. Merlin turns around to face me and for just a second, I can see worry in her eyes as well.

"What's going on?" Gilthunder asks but then I hear everyone gasp in shock as the smoke from the blocked attack from Meliodas slowly dissipates.

We all look into the faces of the Ten Commandments. But at the sight of the narrowed black eyes at the front of the group, my heart stops for a brief moment. Zeldris...
He has not changed in the past 3.000 years. But how should he have when he was locked away for so many years by the divine seal? His black hair is a mess and he still looks as strong and terrifying as he did back then. But despite the impending danger and the dark aura that surrounds him, my heart beats like mad. And not just with excitement. No, the boy who stands in front of my best friend and threatenes him makes my heart beat faster because I still love him. No matter who he has become in the meantime, to me he is still the Zeldris I knew from back then.

But the threat that he and the other Commandments pose is clearly palpable. And not just for me. Meliodas' friends also stand in front of Merlin's sphere full in tension and hold their breath.

 Meliodas' friends also stand in front of Merlin's sphere full in tension and hold their breath

Zeldris, who has blocked Meliodas attack, looks at Meliodas angrily. They all surround Meliodas, which still holds his sword in his hand. Then, both of them take a step closer to each other until their foreheads almost touch.

"Sir Meliodas!" princess Elizabeth breathes out and her eyes and voice are filled with worry.

"No way, are those the Ten Commandments?" asks Gilthunder and I nod.

"Indeed, they are, Sir Gilthunder."

"Hey, Gil! Look!" Howzer exclaims as they see a demon in a red armor.

"Grand Master Dreyfus?" Gilthunder exclaims.
I look at Hendrickson worriedly and see his eyes fill with tears and regret.

"I can see just nine commandments" I hear King say. "Where's the last one?"

I check the group to find out who's missing. "Where's Galand the truth?" I ask.

"Oh... I think Escanor killed that one" says Ban.