Chapter 11 : What remained

3rd person POV:

As the sun began to set, the whole class 1-A walked back together, Iida suddenly went infront and bowed to them with tears flowing down his cheeks as the whole class stopped to see what he'll do.

"I'm sorry everyone! I wasn't paying attention to the enemy that Midoriya-kun ended up like that!" He said with a tone filled with regret, "No, it was my fault for not advising to evacuate earlier, before the enemies even noticed" Momo replied with tears just barely contained, "It was my fault too, If only I used my quirk properly and kept a close eye on the villains, I could've warned Iida and 'Pretty boy' wouldn't have had to take the blow" Kyoka added as she tried to wipe her tears but they just kept coming "No If onl--" Shoto was cut off by someone behind him.

Then suddenly, the least expected person spoke up, "No you meatheads!" Bakugo said as everybody turned their attention to him, "I'm only gonna say this once so listen up! The nerd realized that we couldn't take on that Black mess of crap even if we all worked together so he planned to take a hit from the start to buy us time to alert the teachers for backup, So don't go blaming your stupid asses and just work on improving, as much as I hate to say it, we slowed him down! Mention this to the nerd and you're a dead man!" Bakugo added as he began to walk towards the dorm again.

"Baku-bro is right! We won't get anywhere if we just stand around, we'd just end up hiding behind Izu-bro forever! We have to get stronger too..." Kirishima said as he stood infront of his classmates so everyone could hear, "...I look at Izu-bro like the little brother of the class and I want to be the one to protect him, not the other way around, so let's get stronger while we wait for him!" he added then everybody's face turned from sulking into faces brimming with determination.

"Yeah! Izu's very innocent and pure, I can't bear to see him get hurt like that while I stand around doing nothing and I know you feel the same, am I right or am I right?!" Mina said as she pumped her fists with a determined look in her face, "YEAH!" everyone screamed as their voice resonated pure drive to protect their so called little brother of the class, then they continued to walk again with eyes that gleamed with hope.

--At the nurse's office--

Nejire began to wake up as soon as the whole class left, she slowly sat up and yawned while rubbing her eyes, "That was a good nap... Now why am I here again?" she asked.

"You were outnumbered by the villains and got knocked out in the middle of the fight" Recovery girl answered, "Why am I alive then? Why didn't the villains finish me off? Did All Might and the teachers save us? Where is Izuku? I want to hug him right now" She asked at rapid fire.

'I better lay down the details slowly or she'll break' Recovery girl thought as she began to speak, "Nejire dear, prepare your heart first before I tell you..." she said and when Nejire heard that line, her heart sank, she was drowned in worry, "Tell me, all of it" She answered with tears already threatening to fall.

"If you say so..." Recovery girl said and continued to the explanation, "You and Aizawa were knocked out when we found you and we were told that Izuku had brought you all to safety and bought time for the teachers to arrive by making him the focus of the enemy" she added.

"I don't understand, where is he then? If he was able to buy time for the teachers then where is he?" Nejire asked, 'I'm going to have to get straightforward with this child for her to understand, this isn't going to feel good later' Recovery girl thought as she let out a sigh and continued to explain, "Dear... Izuku sacrificed himself for your safety, he was pierced by an enemy quirk and was overusing his own quirks in the process" Recovery girl answered with a hint of guilt that she had to be that blunt on the explanation.