Chapter 8 : Shoto's day of fun

Izuku's POV:

That night, I dreamt about something. It was a dream I've been having since I was in middle school but I stopped dreaming about it during my 2nd year.

It always seemed like I wasn't dreaming, It was like I was remembering...

The dream showed me a 'memory' from when I was about 5 years old, a year had already passed since my parents died.

I was walking through a fallen fence that separated the urban area and the forest beside it, all I had was my backpack and a hat. It looked like my 5 year old self knew the place really well because I turned left then right without any signs of hesitation.

I walked on a log that connected two sides of a small stream, after that, my 5 year old self went on a straight path leading to a small clearing surrounded by tall trees and said, "Hero Izuku, reporting for duty!" with a salute.

I watched myself as I played around chasing butterflies and waving twigs around, acting as if I was fighting someone, "I, Hero Izuku, will beat you villain!" I said.

Then 5 year old me suddenly yawned and just plumped down right there on the grass, 'I was pretty cute when I was 5, huh?' I thought.

Then suddenly, I heard a rustling from the trees which woke up my little 5 year old self.

Then from there, a girl with long periwinkle hair came down, 'That hair! I feel like I've seen it before...' My dreaming 16 year old brain thought.

"Who are you? Why are you here? Are you alone? Don't you have friends? Do you want to be friends with me?" she asked in rapid fire as she floated around 5 year old me.

"Woah! yo-your flying!" I said with a face filled with amazement, "I can do this with my quirk, what's your quirk? How old are you? What's your name?" she asked at the same speed she did with before.

"I'm Izuku, Izuku Midoriya. I'm 5 years old and I don't know my quirk yet" I answered with a smile, 'Wow! My 16 year old brain didn't even catch all of those questions, did I perhaps get dumber through the years?!' I thought with new found respect for my 5 year old self.

"Wow, your the first one to answer all of my questions in one shot" the girl said as she landed infront of me, "I'm Nejire Hado, you can call me Nejire, I'm 6 years old, My quirk is 'Surge'" she said as she reached out her hand and I shook it, "Now we're friends!" she added, then the dream played in fast forward.

Me and the girl were now in a park, the sun was going down, and it looked like her parents were waiting for her to finish talking to little 7 or 8 year old Izuku.

"I g-guess... this is... goodbye Izuku" she said as tears started to roll down her cheeks, "Why are you crying?" my innocent self asked with a curious face.

"We won't be able to play together anymore, and I just felt sad!" she answered as she wiped her tears but they kept coming, "We're trying to be heroes remember! We're going to meet again, As long as we can get into UA, we can play together again!" I replied with an enthusiastic smile.

"But you don't even know your quir--" she said but my 7/8 year old self stopped her before she could finish the painful sentence, "Don't worry about that! Just you wait, I'll be stronger than you when we meet again! And it'll be my turn to protect you like you always protect me from bullies!" I said then smiled at her as she nodded, turned to her parents and began walking back to them.

"Aren't you going to give him a goodbye hug?" Her mom said, "Ohh right!" then she turned around and hugged little Izuku as he hugged him back.

The hug felt so real, as if my 16 year old self was hugging her back too.