Holiday Special 6

Takagi and Nishikata were going on a road trip. Yukari was apparently living in San Francisco with her boyfriend for now, though she had said they planned to return to Japan, so they went out to visit. It was a 10 hour long trip, and there wasn't really much to see. They stopped at a gas station halfway and bought some sandwiches.

NISHIKATA: "Not the best, I prefer your cooking."

TAKAGI: "Aw, thanks!"

NISHIKATA: "Oh crap did I say that out loud?"

TAKAGI: "Sure did!" *giggles*

They took turns driving the car they had rented, and listened to music by constellation and other artists.

TAKAGI: "How do you think Chi is?"

NISHIKATA: "I'm sure she's playing with Mina's dog having tonnes of fun."

TAKAGI: "Mina was so kind to look after Chi."

NISHIKATA: "Yeah, our poor little doggo is getting on now, she needs a lot of attention."

They swapped so that Takagi was driving, and Nishikata fell asleep. Takagi looked across at him sleeping and thought how funny he looked.

TAKAGI: "No not funny, handsome or whatever. Get out of that old habit."

NISHIKATA: *stirs* "What looks handsome?"

TAKAGI: "Oh nothing." *blushes* (Eyes on the road, then he can't see your blush)

NISHIKATA: "Oh okay." *falls back asleep*

After a long ten hours, they arrived around a hotel. They were both hungry, so they wasted no time in heading to the hotel where they where meeting Yukari's boyfriend.

TAKAGI: "Hi!"

YUKARI: "Oh, hi Takagi!"

BOYFRIEND: "Hi, I'm Benjy, nice to meet ya! You must be Nishikata and Takagi, Yukari speaks about you a lot."

YUKARI: "I do not." *gives strange look to Benjy*

BENJY: "Oh right, she never speaks about you."

YUKARI: "Benjy!"

TAKAGI: "No it's fine, it's quite funny really. Anyway, how did you guys meet?"

YUKARI: "Well, Benjy came over to Japan for a year a few years ago in after we left middle school. He's come back to America for a bit to be with his family for a while, but we're probably going back to Japan next year."

TAKAGI: "That sounds so romantic."

BENJY: "So how did you guys meet?"

NISHIKATA: "Well we first met in middle school, bu-"

TAKAGI: "We first met in Elementary, we became friends in middle school. Remember?"

NISHIKATA: "Of course, right. We first became friends in Middle school, but Takagi asked me out after the summer festival in our second year."

BENJY: "It's quite unusual that a girl asks a boy out, how come?"

NISHIKATA: "Well, I didn't fully realise my feelings for Takagi until that moment really."

TAKAGI: "He's like that for a lot of things."

NISHIKATA: *blushes* "No I'm not!"

BENJY: "Well, it was nice meeting you, but I'm ready to hit the hay, sorry."

TAKAGI: "No it's fine, to be honest It's quite a walk to the hotel."

And with that, another day of their holiday had passed, only four more to go...

Word Count: 486 (I do word counts when it's worth doing)