Chapter 20

Third Person POV

"W-What?" Thomas took a double-take. Izuku frantically nodded. It's all coming together.

"I mean, those eyes, they're the same as the night Killmonger took him." The class choked.

"K-Killmonger...?!" Uraraka squeaked. Even Bakugou was shocked. Todoroki quietly sighed, having already heard the story, but it still didn't make it any easier to listen to.

"Yeah, we were fighting him, a-and-" Izuku stumbled on his words. "I-I'm sorry, I-I, I just can't yet." The class nodded, still the thought of their fellow classmate fighting one of the largest villains shocked them to the core.

"Well, when we were getting the codes, Killmonger's eyes flashed red while he was under Carlos's control and that's when Carlos started screaming." The six shuddered at the memory. 

"You said you knew why he's like-," Everyone looked through the glass at the restrained teen. "This..." Daisy quietly finished. 

"Yeah, he was being controlled!" Gasps rang out through the students.

"C-Controlled?" David stuttered, looking at his friend. 

"Yeah, think about it. Once Killmonger's eyes flashed red, Carlos started screaming and passed out. Years later, he's back, a villain, now there are many ways to achieve that, but this just proved it. The reason why his body's acting that way, the reason why his answers aren't true or false, and why his eyes are flickering and changing. It all makes sense!"

"I-It, It does..." David softly murmured. "But how do we break it?"

"I think he's taking care of that himself." Izuku happily jumped up and down.

"What's going on?" Back inside the room, Mr. Aizawa was getting really wary. Carlos was spasming out. His eyes kept on changing color, and weird sounds were pouring out his mouth.

"Ah," Nezu sipped a teacup that he somehow procured out of nowhere, which Mr. Aizawa decided to ignore. "It seems like I was right."

"Might I ask you what you were right about?" Tsukauchi asked.

"It also seems as if Izuku has figured it out and told the others who are all waiting for the result."

"What are you talking about?" Mr. Aizawa was getting impatient. 

"H-" Carlos choked out. 

"What's he trying to say?"

"Does it look like I know?" Tsukauchi snapped.

"H-He-" Carlos managed. His eyes kept on switching back and forth. But for some reason, he only spoke when his eyes were blue. Apparently, the two adults still haven't figured out what was going on yet. 

"H-Hel-lp..." He went limp. 

"What?" Mr. Aizawa asked. He was actually starting to get worried for the kid and he didn't even know him.

"If you must know, he was being controlled, I guess you could put it." Nezu explained. "He wasn't in control of what he was doing." Looks of pity could be seen on the two adults' faces.

"That must be horrible," Tsukauchi whispered. "And for what? Two years?"

"I can't imagine," Nezu said, though he didn't seem too fazed on the outside.

"What do we do now?" Mr. Aizawa asked.

"Hm," Nezu contemplated the options. "We need to figure out how they're controlling him and how to end it. He most likely will remember everything and we won't need to explain everything to him, so that's already been taken care of."

"So," Tsukauchi tore his eyes away from the unconscious teen in front of them. "How do we do that? And do we put him in the dorms? The medical wing?"

"Medical wing would be the best. And simple, we use Shinsou's quirk." Mr. Aizawa was shaken out of his pity for the kid when he heard that.

"What? I'm not going to let him do that." He protested. "I know it wasn't his fault, but he's still powerful and the same thing could happen to Shinsou!"

"I know," Nezu admitted, not looking distressed at the situation at all. "But it's a risk we're going to have to take."

"I agree with Nezu," Tsukauchi said. He saw Mr. Aizawa about to interrupted so he explained his reasoning. "Would you rather see an innocent teenager sit in jail for the rest of his life? Be punished for actions he didn't willingly commit? Besides, if we don't go through with this, he's probably going to hate us for it and actually turn into a villain. Plus," He added when Mr. Aiawa still didn't look convinced. "They didn't know that this was going to happen, so they couldn't of done anything like they did with Carlos."

"..." Mr. Aizawa sighed. "Fine... I will allow it."

"Great!" Nezu jumped off the chair. "It will take place tomorrow. 9 AM, sharp."

"There's still hope for you kid..."