Part fifty-eight

(Chloe's POV)

"Do you want me to come pick you up?" Sam asked through the phone.

"No Sam. I am quite capable of getting to the museum on my own." I sighed brushing snow off my shoulder.

Sometimes I feel like they think of me as a baby. I'm not!

"You're sure? I just want to make sure that you get here in one piece." He said.

"Yes Sam. I'm sure. I am more then capable of getting there on my own. I don't need a babysitter all the time. I'll text you went I get there. Bye." I hung up before he could protest.

Now. How do I get there?

I saw a motorcycle sitting next to a meat stand in the snow.

Let's just say it took a lot of convincing, two bribes, an autographed photo, and a promise to return it in one piece.

I also had to convince the owner I knew how to drive.

Okay. So that last one might've been a lie. Sue me.

Long story short I was driving a motorcycle down the snow covered street, towards the museum.

———————

"Where were you?" Sam asked as I got off the bike. "I've be-is that a motorcycle? You were driving a motorcycle?!"

"Oh calm down! It's not like it's the first time I've driven one before." I hissed slapping his arm. "Where's this diamond we're supposed to protect?"

"It's a little...harder then that." Sam said avoiding my eyes.

"Sam. What are we really doing here?" I asked, my voice dangerously low.

"We have to steal it before it gets stolen." I gawked are him.

"What?! You can't be serious!" I yelled.

"Shh! Calm down alright?! We have to wait and see who try's to steal it."

"And how are we supposed to do that?" I was unconvinced to this reasoning.

"We wait and see if anyone cases the place." He said in a 'duh' tone.

Yes Sam. Because it's just that easy.

"And then what?" I asked as I shivered; the cold finally hitting me.

Then we swap it for a fake. Wait until they try to take it, and then we stop them." Sam replied as if he did this everyday.

"And why didn't the museum just switch it out with a fake and then wait for something to happen?" I raised and eyebrow.

"I-I don't know..." I laughed at Sam.

"Fine then flyer boy. Let's just get this thing over with than." I sighed wading through the snow towards the museum.

———————

Well this is boring.

I stood looking at a bunch of artifacts. Most of them were uninteresting, some weren't, but most were.

Sam was sitting in the security room watching through the cameras, but I thought that he got the better end of the preverbal stick.

At least he could see other stuff. I was stuck looking at the same stuff. And we had been here for a hour!

"Alright Sam. I'm calling it. Either the guy's not gonna show, or he already did. Either way, I have to pee!" I said into the earpiece in my ear.

"Fine. Just make it quick. Anyways, you were the one who wanted this mission. Remember that." His voice came through from the other side of the device.