Is this a prank?

Key

"" = Speech

() = Thought

** = Action

This Story Takes Place After The Festival At The End Of Season 2

Once they got back to school after the summer festival, Takagi-San and Nishikata meet up like usual and go to school. The day went by like normal until Takagi-San asked a peculiar question...

TAKAGI: "Hey Nishikata, do you want to hold hands on the way back from school?"

NISHIKATA: *blushes* "W- What?! Takagi-San! I- I mean no, not really..."

After this the conversation ended, and the day continued like normal.

On the way home, Takagi-San stops Nishikata and starts to speak,

TAKAGI: "Hey Nishikata, so after today, I've realised something. If we were to ever date, you would not be the one to ask me out, so here goes: Nishikata, do you want to go out with me?"

NISHIKATA: *blushes heavily* "Takagi-San what are you talking about? Are you pranking me?"

TAKAGI: "No, I'm being serious. But will you?"

NISHIKATA: (What do I do? This is so embarrassing. But if she isn't lying, do I say yes? I mean, she is kind of cute, and I do feel lonely when I'm not with her... Ah! What am I saying? Maybe I do want to say yes?)

He then noticed his head slowly begin to nod and had a flashback to a time they played look over there, and he started to subconsciously nod.

TAKAGI: "So, what's your answer?" (Wait, what if he says no?! Stop, keep a calm face.)

NISHIKATA: (Come on, you can do this, you've made up your mind, just be brave and say it...) *whispers* "Yes. I would like that" *blushes massively*

TAKAGI: "Really, that's great!"

NISHIKATA: "Wait, Takagi-San, wait, Takagi-San, does this mean the teasing will stop?" (This could be the greatest decision I've ever made!)

TAKAGI: "No, it'll double. Anyway, we've arrived, see you tomorrow!"

NISHIKATA: "Wait, what?! Takagi-San wait up."