Part fifty-five

A few hours later.
(Chloe's POV)

We walked down the sidewalk talking about the movie. "I still think that the first one was better." I said.

"No. This one was totally better. I mean we finally got to meet his dad! And I'm telling you that Kung Fu Panda 3 was so much better written. Besides, didn't the first two come out while Hydra had you?" He asked and I shot him a glare.

"That's rude! Yes I was. But I watch movies. I've had thirteen years worth to catch up on!" I exclaimed slapping his arm.

"Okay okay." He laughed putting his hands up in a defensive position.

"What's that?" I asked pointing at a ally lit with candles.

"It's a memorial." He said as we walked across the street to get closer.

"This guy blew up. He killed five other people when he exploded. People like to think that the five shadows that were left behind, represent the five souls that went to Heaven. He didn't leave a shadow though cause his soul went to Hell." He explained pointing as he talked.

"I heard about that. Or I read about it in one of the files. The guy was like a living bomb. Extremis right?" I asked and he nodded.

"You came here with Tony." I said to no one in particular.

"Yeah. I made him have a panic attack here actually. It was an accident, but still. I kinda still feel bad." He laughed slightly.

"I had a panic attack recently. They are not fun, let me tell you." I said somberly.

We stood like that for a few more minutes. After awhile I slipped my hand into his. It was larger and warmer then mine.

I leaned against his arm. I felt bad. But I also felt better for some weird reason. I didn't know why. But I did.

"What d'you wanna do?" I asked breaking the silence.

He just shrugged. "Wanna get something to eat?"

I nodded and we walked down the street to a restaurant. "When do you have to get your sister?" I asked him.

"Not 'til three. We can do whatever you want until then." He said looking at me and I smiled up at him.

                      ——————

The rest of the week was like that. His school kept getting canceled because of snow.

I really didn't know why they cancelled it because it was hardly any snow.

We just wandered around town. Him showing me stuff. Going places. Sometimes we would take his sister with us.

Almost ever night we had dinner, me, him, and her. Their mom worked most nights, so I only ever really saw her in the morning.

After about a week mom texted me.

I know you said you needed a break, but we could really use your help with a mission. -Mom

I sighed looking at my phone then behind me at Harley.

As much as I enjoy being here, doing normal stuff, going on...dates; I was getting kinda restless. I needed some action.