Part forty-nine

(Chloe's POV)

"I'm sorry. You want me to what?" I half yelled.

"Not forever. Just go. Try it out. You might like it." Mom said putting her hand on my arm.

"No! I don't care if I'm the next Albert Einstein, I am not, I repeat, NOT, going to some school for overachieving, spoiled, smarter then thou, privileged, Tony Stark wannabes, who think that just because they go to some hard to get into school, they're better then everyone else. No offense Miss Thorten." I ranted apologizing after.

"Chloe you might like it." Mom tried to reason with me.

I'm not gonna be reasoned with though.

"Let me ask you this: are there uniforms?" I asked the woman sitting across from me.

"Yes there are. But they are designed for comfort and ease." Miss Thorten explained.

I turned to mom and raised my eyebrows at her. "Just go and check it out. Please." She pleaded with me. "You deserve an education."

"I have an education. Or did you forget that Hydra basically force feed me information? Besides, on what planet do you ever see me wearing a school uniform?" I asked; my question being SUPER dumb.

"No thanks. I'm good. I think I'll pass. Besides, I have a uniform. It's the one I wear when I go out and save people. There is no way, on any planet, that I will every wear a school uniform."

                      ———————

"I hate you!" I yelled through my door.

I looked in the mirror scowling at my reflection.

I. Looked. Ridiculous.

"Come out. I wanna see what you look like." I heard mom call.

"I am NOT coming out!" I yelled again. "I look ridiculous! I come out, and your all gonna laugh!"

I looked in the mirror again. I was wearing a dark blue button down t-shirt, gold and red tie, blue plaid skirt, black knee length socks, and black flats.

I mean it wasn't the worst look in the world. But it definitely didn't suit me.

"Come on Chloe. It can't be that bad." Wanda said from the other side of my door.

"How many of you are out there?" I asked.

"Wanda, Steve, Sam, and me." Mom said.

Sam and Steve? When did they get back? I thought they were on a mission.

"Aren't Sam and Steve on a mission?" I asked.

"We were. We're back now though. And we really want to see your uniform." Steve told me through the door.

"It's not mine! I'm not going to some pretentious smart people school just cause I scored high on some test! If I come out, you have to promise not to laugh!" I told them.

I heard them all say okay, so I put my hair up in a messy bun, took one more look in the mirror and opened the door.

As soon as the door opened all head turned in my direction. They all had weird looks on their faces.

Great.

"Go ahead. Laugh." I sighed.

"No. It's-its not that. You just-you just look so....cute." Mom said walking towards me. At that every started laughing.

"Yeah yeah. Laugh it up." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"You do look....good." Steve smiled trying not to laugh.