11

Nishikata stared at Takagi-San. On the inside, he was extremely conflicted. He didn't know whether he should try and hint that she had told him about what had happened leading up to the accident or if he should just flat out tell her. As he mulled over his options, he realized that she was looking at him with a hungry look in her eyes, wanting him to answer. Deciding that the best way would be to simply tell her flat out, he looked at her, keeping his face neutral and told her.

"Akari-San told me about how I had been saving you when I got hit by the car."

Takagi's face changed instantly. She could feel all of the blood draining out of her face. Feeling light-headed, she rushed over to the wall and slid down it. Looking up at Nishikata, she could see the worried look he wore on his face, the same kind of face she had been seen before his accident, but had disappeared after his hospital time. Taking deep breaths in and out, she could feel the spark of her anger be ignited, launching her mind into overdrive as all the pieces of the puzzle that had been her life for the past few weeks all clicked into place.

Just by looking at her face, Nishikata could tell that Takagi-San was deep in thought. Just a few moments ago, he had felt worried for her. But now he simply felt perplexed. He had a few theories as to why her demeanor had changed, some more outlandish than others, but his mind wasn't really focused on that. He was more focused on the memories that were flooding back into his mind, so many in fact that he had to internally remind himself of what the girl in front of him, deep in thought, had done to him. 'Cute' he thought, looking at her face before shaking his head violently, briefly shaking Takagi-San out of her trance.

Feeling her sense come back to her, Takagi looked up at Nishikata but quickly looked back down at the ground. How could she face him after hearing what Akari-San had told Nishikata about her. Just as she thought this, she heard the voice of the person she least wanted to talk to at that very moment.

"Takagi-San, are you ok?" To Nishikata, she sounded sincere, but Takagi saw red. She glared at Akari-San, daggers shooting out of her eyes. This confused Nishikata, who only saw what Akari-San had asked as a sincere question.

Staring at each other, Takagi and Akari knew that their respective plans had just had a massive spanner thrown into their plans.