Ch. 6 His Family compared to Mine

//warning might contain disturbing content//
Spain POV:

I arrived home and my dad was there standing all tall and mad.
I'm going to be punished again..

"Disgraceful! Going out of the house at this time?! Be ready for punishment Spain!"

"Dad! I can explain! I just--"

"No more excuses! You're getting punished young man!"

Dad takes his belt that's hanging on the chair and threatens me with it smacking it on the wall.

"This is what parents do to misbehaving children!!"

Spanish Empire closes the door behind Spain..

"Bend down." He sternly orders me.

"DAD PLEASE! JUST LET ME GO FOR ONCE! IT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN!"
I plead at him.

"DO IT."

He sits down on a chair. I bend down with my belly and my chest against my father's lap. I really have no choice but to be punished..

"Dad I'm so sorry.."
I tell him but he ignores my apology, puts his hand on my head and presses it down.

"Shut up."

He raises up his hand, holding the belt and slaps it at me repeatedly as I scream and cry...

- After the punishment -

"Go back to your room."
I nod in agreement with my father and go to my room.

Agh..what a life getting punished from time to time, if I can't be in pure happiness in my life might as well get someone have that happiness!.. When I first arrived in these lands I could clearly see the beauty of it, as well as the joy of the people here. But when dad began colonizing the country the bright atmosphere around the place was slowly becoming dark.

Philip.. when I first saw his family they looked so foreign to me.. not because they are Filipinos and not Spanish.. it was because of how different his family was compared to mine. His family had this comforting atmosphere around it and mine on the other hand was just cruel.

I'm the only child of my father and my job is to help him in his cruel work. Dad never had time to play with me when I was younger. He only trained me to fight. If I cried he would punish me and if I disobeyed him it would be the same fate as crying.

As my dad kept on giving me 'lessons' the more I got used to it.
The more he did bad things to me the more my emotions got to have this connection with my eyes. When I'm sad, angry, or bored, my pupils would change from green to grey or black. I know it's pretty weird, I think so too.

------------------------

I changed my clothes from the heavy clothing to my sleeveless white shirt and black shorts.
"How does my dad not care how hot this clothing is?"
I folded my just used clothes and put them outside my room's entrance.

I close the door and looked around to see where I put my books since I told Phil that I would bring him books the next time I check on him.

"Ah there it is!" I grab my leather covered books with the subjects, language and culture. Education is important, I've already finished studying these two books like about a few months ago. Now I'm currently studying geography from the map my dad and his crew made while looking for spice islands. It's pretty messy but it'll do. I'm also learning the guitar because the music from it makes me relieved and I can put my emotions in the music I play.

I open the window near my bed and suddenly a strong cold breeze broke in the room and blown the candle I just kindled about a few minutes ago. It turned dark in my room. I looked outside the window and saw the starry sky, the clouds started to slowly move away revealing the full moon. The moonlight shined into my dim place. I guess I don't have to light the candle again. I'm going to sleep now...

Philip POV:

(Place: Enclosure)

I'm starving right now and it's around the middle of the night.
I started looking around if I have food somewhere in the small area.

"Huh? What's this?"

I saw a strangely wrapped round thing under my bed. Since when was that there? I guess I didn't notice it because it's so dark.
I unwrapped it to find a loaf of bread. Hm.. I want to eat it but what if it's poison?.. Well I should try and eat it..
I took a bite of it, wait a few minutes and nothing bad happens.
I guess this place isn't too bad... at the moment..

As I ate, I stood up on the bed to see the outside. The sky is filled with stars but I can't see the moon. That's a shame..

I finish eating the bread and lied down on my bed afterwards.
It's really cold right now.. I can't find a blanket or something to cover me.. Oh well I'm just going to take the cold risk, it's pretty hot in the morning anyways..

I fall asleep..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sfx: phone ringing

I slowly open my eyes.. I'm in my bedroom? I thought that I'm at the past time period? Well better check who's calling..
I answered the phone.

" Philip! Where are you? It's been two days and you haven't shown up at work! Are you ill?"

It's Don my secretary?! Oh thank goodness I'm not in the past anymore!

"Don please tell the VP to take over for a while- -"

- surroundings turn pitch black -

Huh? Why is everything black?
My phone slowly disappears from my hand. What's happening?

I stand up and turned around

Martial? Mom? Dad?

"Philip you promise you'll get out of there ok?"

Kuya..

- Philip's family fades away -

"WAIT DONT GO! PLEASE!"

I plead them, but they disappeared as well.

" Philip, You're breaking up with me?"

I suddenly hear Ame's voice..
I look to my left and he's there..

"Oh I see.. so just friends now?.. ok.."
America walks away to the dark and started to cry..

It was for the best Joe..

What the hell is happening? Why is my old and new memories appearing and disappearing around me?

"It's mine Philip, if you don't want to give it to me then.."

Who's voice is that?
I turn around--

Sfx: gunshot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"AH!" I shout
"Keep it down will ya?!" A guard complains at me.
"Lo siento.." I apologized

What was that? Just a bad dream? did I actually get to tell my secretary to get the vice president to take over for a while? I have so many questions..

It's morning already..

The guards walk away as I hear someone's approach from the left entrance.

"Hey Philip! I brought you the books!"

- pause -

"Philip.. what happened to your face and why are you crying?"

End of Ch. 6