Part forty-seven

(Clint's POV)

I rushed into the hospital with Cooper and Lila right behind me. I walked over to the front desk and spoke to the woman behind the desk. "I'm looking for a girl. Thirteen. Red hair. She was in a plane crash with a boy." I told her.

"You must be the Barton's." I turned to see a short woman with black hair in scrubs standing behind us.

"Chloe said you'd show up eventually. I'm Mya. I've been keeping her company." She said extending her hand towards me.

"Clint. This is Cooper and Lila." I replied shaking her hand.

"Is Chloe okay?" Cooper asked.

Mya smiled and nodded. "You must be Cooper. She's this way if you want to see her."

We followed her to a room with the door closed. "Chloe? You got some visitors." Mya said knocking and opening the door.

Behind the door was a disheveled looking Chloe. "Clint!" She smiled happily and she quickly walked over and hugged me.

"Hey kiddo. How are you?" I asked looking her over.

"Oh you know. The usual. Almost dying in plane crashes. Nothing new." She joked.

"Not funny." Cooper said and Chloe's smile widened.

"Hi." She said hugging him.

If you asked me, they both looked like they didn't want to let go.

"Hi Chloe." Chloe smiled at Lila as she hugged her.

"Hey princess." Chloe laughed hugging back.

"I'll let you guys catch up." Mya said as she left.

"What happened?" I asked turning to Chloe now serious.

"Someone attacked us when we were leaving. He shot Jaime. I fired back. We got up in the air but we were followed. They were shot out of the sky. Landed here. I'm okay, but...Jamie's in critical condition." She explained.

"I'm glad you're okay." I told her setting my hand on her shoulder.

———————

(Chloe's POV)

After talking with Clint he took Lila to get something to eat down at the cafeteria.

Which meant that Cooper and I were alone in my hospital room.

Together.

By ourselves.

With each other.

"Are you okay? Really?" Cooper asked me sitting on the side of the hospital bed. "Because you look like you're going to pass out or throw up. Or both."

"Yes! I'm fine! Really!" I exclaimed exasperatedly with a smile.

Cooper raised his eyebrows at me and I sighed pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Okay. Okay. Maybe I'm not fine fine." I said sitting next to him.

"I mean you did almost die in a plane crash for the second time in less then two months." Cooper joked nudging me with his elbow which made me laugh.

"Yeah okay. Okay. That is true." I laughed watching him smile.

"Do you think he's going to be okay?" I asked laying my head on his shoulder suddenly serious.