Ch. 3 Operation Save Perla!

"Philip, ¿puedes darte prisa ahora? Necesitamos volver a casa mamá! ¡está esperando!"
("Philip can you please hurry up now? we need to get back home! mom is waiting!")

Phil POV:

I turn my head to see my older brother, Martial?
I thought he died? But wait... Why does he look young--
WHY AM I SO SHORT!

I panic for a while
"Philip, ¿estás bien? (Philip, are you okay?)"
Martial asks me with a worried tone.
"Kuya, nasaan tayo? (Brother, where are we?)"
I ignored his question to ask him mine.

"Philip huwag ka mag filipino! Sabi baga ni papa na masanay tayo sa lenguwahe ng mga Espanya! (Philip dont speak filipino! Dad said to get used to this language of the Spanish!)"
Martial said.

(If you don't get why they are supposed to speak Spanish, it's because they have to learn to talk to other Spaniards and so that they can understand them since Spaniards have started to colonize the islands)

Wait dad? What does he mean by....
"Kuya patawad na, pero anong taon na ba? (Brother I'm sorry, but what year is it?)"
I ask him another question.
"1567"
He replies to me as he crossed his arms and raised his eyebrows at me.

Wait what? 1567? Isn't that the year mom will..
IM SO CONFUSED!

Martial sighs,
"date prisa por favor Philip! ¡Mamá realmente nos golpeará las manos si no vamos ahora! (hurry up please Philip! Mom is really going to smack our hands if we dont go now!)"

"Ok hermano, me apuraré ahora (Ok brother, I'll hurry up now)"
I replied to him in Spanish.
How did I get here? I wasn't even here when I fell asleep!
Wait.. I just might be dreaming but if this is real then..
I should warn mom so that she won't be killed!

Me and Martial rush to our house

Now I'm acting like I'm in the right time of my life but I'm definitely not supposed to be here! I'm supposed to be in the year
two thousand and sixteen!
If this is just a dream then it should be fine. I'm going to wake up eventually anyways.

"¿Qué les llevó a los dos para siempre? (What took you two forever?)"
Dad slaps Martial's back and mine
"Aray naman pa!"
Martial and I complain to dad (Katipunan or KKK)
"Ustedes lo merecen (You two deserve it)"

"Kati! Martial! Philip! Kain na tayo (Let's eat now)"
Mom (Perla) calls us for lunch

"Sisig ang ulam ngayon!"
"Yay!!"

(Ulam means the food that you pair with your rice)
(Sisig is a type of dish that is a Spanish influenced food and I'm not going to say more this explanation might get too long so just search that dish if you want to)

Me and my family are at the dining room now which is just right after you enter the house.

I love the taste of home cooked food!
I guess I've always been eating food from the outside world than in home.

After eating my lunch, I told my parents that me and Martial are going to go to the kubo near the ocean.
Martial while I was asking for permission to mom and dad, looked at me pretty confused.
After I got 'our' permission to go out, Martial and I walk to the kubo.

"Bakit mo sinabi na pati ako lalabas? (Why did you say that I'm also going out?)" Martial asks me in filipino

"Kailangan ko ikaw kausapin (I need to talk to you)"
I replied
"Ok.."

- At the kubo -

(I'm to lazy to translate right now so just pretend they're speaking Filipino)

ML:
"So, what's up?"

PH:
"Well.. the thing is.. someone is going to kill mom later and we need to do something about it."

ML:
"What do you mean? How do you know this?"

Hmm how should I answer him? I can't tell him that I'm the future me in my younger self..

PH:
"I just umm know what's going to happen.. Yeah something like that but do you remember Spain?"

ML:
"Yeah (SE) Spanish Empire's kid"

PH:
"So, SE is going to tell his kid to knock on the door and they're going to talk about something"

ML:
"Wait wait. This is going to fast! But are you going to tell Dad this?"

PH:
"No, I can't"

ML:
"Why?"

PH:
"Just listen! Kuya, we HAVE to do something about this!"

ML:
"OKAY OKAY CALM DOWN! Tell me what's going to happen later!"

PH:
"After Spain and mom talk about 'something' , Mom starts getting mad and SE comes and talks to her as well. Mom says something about denying SE and she gets killed"

ML:
"Wait what? So.. it's just a conversation to death?"

PH:
"I'm not sure what they were talking about but I'm sure it involves accept or decline."

ML:
"Then we should just tell mom to accept it"

PH:
"Maybe? But she will look mad when they ask her whatever that was."

ML:
"Tell mom not to answer the door?"

PH:
"I don't think she will listen"

ML:
"Let's just do a last minute plan later"

PH:
"I think we could bathe in the conversation when she looks mad or something"

ML:
"Sure"

Well that was.. weird
Even if I'm an adult in a kid's body
My mind still gives me ideas that only a kid would think of.
How useless is it being an adult in a kid's body and have a mind of a child!
Well at least I know what's going to happen and have creative plans (but I think Operation save mom has a very stupid plan but at least we might make it work).

- 5 hours to sunset -

It's almost time.
"Kuya Martial let's go home now"
My brother nods in agreement
"I'm letting you act older than me only for today kay?"
I laugh, this is nothing like Martial in 1972..
"Thanks bro"

We were walking back home and just in time we saw that Spain was just about to knock at the door.
Martial looks at me for a second and points at him

"I have eyes kuya, I can see that Spain is there"
"Let's go from the back door"
I told Martial
So we fast walked to get behind the house.
We got in the house and Spain is talking to Mom now.
Dad isn't home too.

"What should we do?"
"Let's eavesdrop"
"Kay.."
Me and Martial run to the dining area

(Now pretend that they are speaking Spanish.)

"What?! I can't do that!"
"I'm sorry madam but my father has ordered me to--"
"NO is no! I'm sorry kid but I can't do that!"

Narrator POV:

Philip and Martial try to listen to the conversation of Spain and Perla but it isn't clear what they are talking about..
Perla starts shouting and Spain looks terrified.

"Vamos Perla (Come on Perla)"
Spanish Empire walks in and intrudes the conversation,
Spain runs behind his father.
"Spanish Empire what do you want? I can't give you my son!"
Perla says to SE in both a angry and worried voice
"What do you want? Money?"
"No! He isn't worth money! I can't sell not give you Philip!"

Martial and Philip's eyes widen..
They want Philip?!

"Look if you want him, I'm sorry but I can't please your wants"
Perla replied
"Ugh how annoying! I might have to force you then!"
As SE was about to pull out his gun, Philip runs and pushes Perla away.

"llévame en su lugar! no lastimes a mamá! (Take me instead! Dont hurt mom!)"