Chapter 6

"Leave." Toga hissed as soon as all four of them were back at the dorms, Shoto included.

"Babysitting." Shoto said simply, following after Izuku into his dorm.

Toga gaped after him, but quickly got a hold of herself. "That does not give you the right-"

Shoto finally got annoyed enough to snap. "Look, I don't know if you noticed, but he almost attacked students. He's been here for a week and on the first night he got into a fight with nearly the entire class. I'm not saying it wasn't justified, but the staff has a hard enough time trusting any of you, especially him. If he stands a chance at staying out of jail, I have to try and buffer the situation. If you don't have a problem with him getting thrown into a prison cell for the rest of his life, then I'll walk right out this door and let the pros deal with it. Make your call." He said to her.

Before she could bite back at him, Izuku spoke up. He had already curled up on his bed, pulling his blankets up in defeat. "Guys, just go. He's right."

"You sure?" Dabi asked, pushing himself off of the door frame he had been leaning on. It wasn't that he didn't trust Shoto, it was just that Izuku was a villain and he didn't trust any hero around him.

"I'll be fine, really." Izuku said, just wanting to take a nap. And break some necks, but a nap would have to suffice.

"Fine. I have to go find Shigaraki anyway." Dabi said with a shrug and left the room.

"He's such a wimp." Toga muttered after he left.

"Fight me, crazy." Dabi yelled from outside Izuku's room.

"Gladly!" She yelled back, leaving the room with a smile in Izuku's direction.

"We're all going to jail eventually." Izuku said, more to himself, but Shoto still responded.

"You guys will be fine. You just... need to calm down a little bit." He explained, not thinking it was the best way to phrase his thoughts, but he had never been good with words.

"Clearly." Izuku said with an eye roll. He brought his hands up to his neck tie and loosened it until he could slip it off over his head. He threw it somewhere in his room, not bothering to pay attention. His blazer was next, also ending up somewhere on his floor.

There was the sound of a sigh and Izuku looked over at Shoto. "I know this can't be easy for you guys, and I have no clue what you're all going through with this, but-"

"Exactly," Izuku said, cutting him off. "You have no clue. You have no idea what this is like for us. We were ripped away from our lives, from the only safe haven we've ever had from this god forsaken world, and thrown directly into the lion's den. We had been chewed up and spit out our entire lives by the same kind of people. Why'd you think we do what we do? Think we do it because our lives were sun shine and rainbows? Because we had a mommy and a daddy that kept us safe and protected from all the things that go bump in the night? Because we all had amazing friends that helped and supported us? News flash, not a single one of us had any of that. We were beaten, burned and bruised. We clawed our way through life until finally, someone lent us a hand, one that wasn't going to push us back or punch us. One that helped us get our own footing. We owe them everything. Which is why this," Izuku motioned around the room, to the dorm and the uniform he had discarded. "This will never work. It's an amazing fantasy, but at the end of the day, it's just that. A fantasy."

Shoto blinked at him in surprise. He hadn't been expecting the rant, but he was going to take it in stride. "It doesn't have to be!" He urged. "You've been offered a second chance on a golden platter. All you have to do is take it."