Chapter 40

Shoto Todoroki POV

It's been about an hour since Izuku woke up and while he's stopped crying he still hasn't talked much or at all really, not that I blame him I'm just worried. He's had visitors come and go but I haven't left and neither has his dads.  Recovery Girl has healed him up for the most part and told us he's good to go but she didn't rush us out so we weren't in much of a hurry. 

"Hey there buddy, I'm really sorry about what happened," I turned and saw Mirio next to Izuku along with Nejire and Tamaki, I didn't even notice them come in. Unsurprisingly Izuku didn't respond but Mirio didn't seem to mind. "Sorry we haven't really been around lately, our final year of high school has kept us pretty busy but we'll be with you the rest of the afternoon alright?" Mirio said and Izuku just nodded. 

"Maybe we can do something to cheer you up!" Nejire said. "How about we go get ice cream at your favorite ice cream place!" She said cheerfully probably trying to brighten the mood. Izuku again didn't say anything but he nodded in agreement to going which surprised me a little. 

"I suppose you guys can go but please be careful," Mr. Aizawa said.

"Don't worry Mr. Aizawa you know none of us would ever let anything happen to Izuku plus the three of us are almost done with our training it'll be like having three pro heroes with him not to mention how strong Todoroki is," Mirio said and Mr. Aizawa nodded looking pretty reassured with that statement. 

I got out of the bed and grabbed Izuku's hand helping him up, he was shaky for a minute or two but then steadied out. Izuku was quiet the whole way there and just listened to the conversations around him while he gripped my hand tight the whole time, I didn't say anything about it I just let him. 

Once we got there Izuku just ordered vanilla so that's what I ended up getting too, I didn't pay too much attention to what the other three got. Mirio tried to make conversation with him but he just gave short responses so the talk ended rather quickly, Nejire and even Tamaki tried to talk to him but the attempts were futile so we eventually decided to just give him some space. 

"I can't finish my i-icecream s-sorry Nejire," Izuku said quietly after a while of silence.

"Ah it's alright Izuku don't worry about it you ate a lot of it," Nejire responded and Izuku nodded standing up. 

"Can we go back to the dorms?" He asked and I nodded. 

"Yeah, I'm sure the rest of the class would like having the big three over and to know how you're doing," I said and the others agreed so we walked back to the dorms.

Once we got back the others thankfully didn't swarm Izuku asking questions. "I'm gonna go make dinner for everyone." He said walking to the kitchen. 

"Izu you don't-" I started saying but was cut off.

"I want to." He said and started getting out everything that he needed to cook. 

After dinner the big three, Mr. Aizawa, and Present Mic stayed to talk for a while before deciding it was probably time to leave and to my surprise, Mirio pulled me aside real quick to talk. "Todoroki please watch over him closely, I don't want him to do anything." 

"What do you mean, do anything, has he done something bad before?" I asked.

"Listen I promised him I wouldn't tell anyone about it and I'm not about to break that promise, just stay with him ok?" He said and I just nodded and they left and I went back over to Izuku. 

"Are you ready for bed?" I asked and he nodded so we said goodnight to everyone and went upstairs to our room. Izuku fell asleep rather quickly and I waited a few minutes to make sure he was actually asleep before finally falling asleep myself.