Chapter 36

Izuku Aizawa POV

Today is the day of the sports festival and I am so ready... ok maybe that's a lie I'm nervous, very nervous. What if I have to fight Shoto or Bakugo? I told dad I would do my best though so I can't just back out. The whole class was up early so I decided to make a good breakfast so we all perform at our best. 

"Izuku are you ready for the sports festival?" Shoto said giving me a small kiss on the forehead causing me to blush a little. I just nodded and we went downstairs normally as to not set off the very sensitive stair alarm we call Iida. 

After breakfast was made and we all ate it was time to go to school and prepare for the sports festival. "Izuku are you sure you want to do the sports festival, I'm sure we could pull you out if you don't think you can do it." 

"I'll be fine Jazzy I've done everything Recovery Girl said and I feel fine," I replied.

"Izuku is capable of participating just like everyone else." Dad chimed in and I nodded before Shoto and I separated from them to go change. At this point, I don't care if the others see my scars, after what happened a few weeks ago it was only fair that I told them everything, well except our most recent discovery of course. Either way, they know pretty much everything so what's the point in hiding anything.

"Izuku?" Denki said from behind me. 

"Yeah?"

"Do your... do those scars still hurt you?" He asked nervously, now that I think about it they definitely look worse than they feel. 

"Well a couple of the recent ones do but for the most part I don't feel them, you shouldn't worry about it I'm ok," I said smiling at him, he looked pretty reassured after that and continued on with what he was doing. 

I quickly finished changing and waited for Shoto and then we left and went to the arena. When we got there we were told to line up behind a starting line. Dad explained the rules, this was a normal race, no quirks or anything like that and the first thirty moved on to the next round.

So this is just physical testing then? That seems easy enough right? Wrong. There was a slight twist that we hadn't been told about, all of a sudden pieces of the ground started falling taking students with it, others around me fell and I paid close attention making sure I didn't also fall while still keeping up a good pace. Thankfully before I knew it I had finished and was first but oddly enough I don't think I wanted to take the lead this early on, now I'm kind of scared, well even more so than before and was shaking a little. I looked back again and saw Shoto come in second and Bakugo third. 

Shoto ran right over to me afterward and made sure I was ok. "Don't worry I'm fine Sho, just a little nervous,"  I said before we had to turn our attention to Midnight who was explaining our next game which was in teams. My team ended up being with Shoto, Bakugo, and Kirishima, therefore, it was in no way fair to anyone facing us as we were the top three and Kirishima was in sixth place so still pretty high in the ranking. All we had to keep the other teams away from us.

"Alright everyone the competition is about start! 3, 2, 1, GO!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 602

You know this is probably my shortest chapter so far and it's almost late too so I apologize. Life has been and still is kicking my butt right now and I can't seem to get a break but I'm doing my best and I promise next week's chapter will be longer and better. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you later.