36

"Yes, Boyd is one of the larger threats to the industry," Axel said to Kian. They were seated at opposite ends of the table, both at the heads. Colby was next to me. We'd made it through the dinner with mostly small talk, but were starting to get into the business side of everything.

"And would you say you agree, angel?" Kian asked. My eyes shot over to see Kian staring at me, challenging Axel's opinion and calling me angel in front of everyone. Bastard. He was lucky I actually had a legitimate opinion on the subject.

"No, actually. I don't agree," I said.

"And why not?" asked Kian. I looked a at Axel and gave him a small shrug before returning my gaze to Kian and responding.

"He's not dangerous. Just stupid. Although those things sometimes go hand in hand, the guy just needs an actual boss. He thinks he can manage himself, but he can't. He makes a significant income and managed to cut his team's losses in half in the last trimester alone. Boyd just needs to learn to use his words instead of his gun when something goes wrong," I said. Kian let out a loud laugh when I said that.

"Oh, man. She's giving you a run for your money here, Axel," Kian said.

"Believe me, it is not the first time," Axel said.

"Please, explain," Kian said.

"Let's just say that she's always had a skill for this kind of thing," Axel said.

"Well that was boring. Saturn, you explain instead," Kian ordered. I didn't like him telling me what to do, but I needed to listen for things to run smoothly.

"Hm, I'm not really sure what to explain. Oh, I guess I could explain the time Axel shot me," I said.

"What!" exclaimed JC. "He shot you?"

"She shot him back," said Trixie.

"Yeah, in the foot. Axel barely grazed Saturn's ass," said Stone, one of the many other people sitting at the table. Everyone let out a short laugh.

"Girl doesn't play," Colby said.

"Maybe not with you," Kian said, winking at me.

Aw, shit. That was going to piss Colby off.

"Anyway, let's talk about how...," Kian started. I ignored him and focused on Colby, trying to listen to his thoughts.

Not with me? I'm fucking Satan. I'll fucking kill you any day. She's mine and I'm hers. Forever. I love her even more than you seem to love yourself, you conceited asshole.

"Colby. Chill," I said. Sound barely escaped my mouth, but he'd heard me at full volume because of our Summoning ability.

"And what do you think about that, Saturn?" I heard Kian ask. I looked up at him again.

"Why do you want to know what I think about all of this? I'm not in the game anymore. Axel and Trixie are, though. Their answers will be better than mine," I said, annoyed that he seemed to want my input on every little thing.

"Why do I want to know your opinion? Because you were doing an exceptional job and I'd like to learn as much as I can," Kian said.

"Well, I have to respect you for that answer. Not a lot of people take me seriously," I said.

"What a shame. I think you have a lot to offer. You sure you don't want back in? I don't think JC and I would mind letting someone else into the position," Kian said.