15

"Damn, woman," she said.

"What?" I asked.

"So many clothes," she replied. Oh.

"I, uh... I'm good bait," I said.

"You what?" Kat asked. I sighed. When Axel and I had first started out, he had to make sure he could trust me. He'd send me into situations and places first to scope everything out, make sure it all looked normal. And then he'd started sending me in to lure out people that owed him money. I'd go in and flirt with them, convince them to leave with me, and lead them out the back to where Axel and I could gang up on them. We were both perfectly sufficient on our own, but teams were always stronger.

I'd honestly hated doing it. Hated to just be used for my looks and nothing else, which is all Axel thought I was good for at first. That's why he got so mad and shot me. He told me I could have a week on my own to make the same amount or more than he did. He clearly didn't expect me to be able to, but I met up with him at the end of that week with nearly double what he'd had, and he had routine client visits set up while I'd had to scrap around while still laying low. Got pissed that a little girl beat him at his own game.

"Bait. Eye candy. Can we move on?" I said uncomfortably. I could basically feel Colby staring at the back of my head as if he could look into my brain to see what I was hiding. But he couldn't. Not yet, at least. I still didn't even know what type of powers were being discussed earlier.

"Well that sounds like it sucks, but you've got one hell of a wardrobe because of it," Kat said.

"Yeah, lot of different places to go, people to trick, and false impressions to give," I said. Kat was right, though. It sucked a lot but I had so, so many clothes. Different styles and colors and sizes, everything. Accessories and shoes and wigs and bags galore.

"Hm. Well, Colby, were we wanting to make her blend in with everyone else or be hot? The latter would be a lot easier because this girl isn't someone that's easy to make look 'average'," Kat said. She was right again. I'd used to spend hours getting ready for a 20 minute bust. I almost always had to style a wig because my hair stood out. I'd have to put on fake tattoos or cover mine up so that no one could recognize me between one place and another. Hell, Blaze had even sent me and Trixie to a couple cosmetology classes to perfect our ability to do this stuff. Trixie went with me to help out her girls with different looks they wanted to try.

"Uh," Colby said awkwardly. I bit the inside of my lip to keep from smiling. I'd probably be as awkward as he was if the roles were reversed, though. How was he supposed to answer that? 'No, make her look normal and boring' or 'Yeah, make her hot as fuck'. The answer he chose was either going to imply that I either didn't look hot on my own or that I needed a new outfit from Kat to get hot enough for their taste.

"Stupid question, babe. It's him. He's already hot on his own. No homo, bro. But might as well make her hot, too. A matching set," Sam said, laughing at the end.

"Oh my god," Colby said, walking away in embarrassment.

"Okay, hot. Will do. Now get out," Kat said, motioning toward the door.

"Yes, ma'am," Sam said, kissing Kat on the cheek before leaving.

"Okay, so he said matching. What was Colby wearing?" Kat asked.

"Black," I said.

"I don't know why I even asked," Kat said.

We spent the next 30 minutes getting me ready. Kat put me in a low-cut flowy black long sleeved romper, then had me wear black thigh high boots with white socks peeking out of the top. And then she found my wigs, which she sorted through while I did my makeup. She eventually came out with my white wig. It had dusty grey roots that faded into a bright white. It was really long, too, falling all the way down to my hips. She'd braided it into two French braid pigtails. We got it fit onto my head after tucking away all of the red, she put some silver jewelry on me, and then decided I was all set.