Price of admission Part 27

A short time earlier, Takao and Kimura were at the sandy shop with Mina and Sanae being forced to treat them to ice cream. "Why are we doing this again?" Takao asked as he and Kimura sat on the outside bench.

"You have other plans?" Kimura asked.

"No." Takao said sounding defeated.

"HEY!" Mina exclaimed. "I've picked one out!"

"Hold on, I'll be right there." Kimura said as he stood up and walked into the shop.

"I wonder what type of strange flavor she's going to get."

"You know that's not very nice." Sanae said as she walked out of the shop.

"Ah, I'm ... sorry?"

She looked at him without changing her expression, then turned back to the door. "You coming in or what? We've picked out what we want."

"Oh, I didn't understand what she meant." He got up and followed her inside where Mina and Kimura had already paid for theirs.

"Canned yams, I bet this taste good." Mina exclaimed.

"Who makes these things?" Takao asked as he and Sanae passed them.

"No idea." Sanae said as she pulled out two popsicles and handed one to Takao. "Here."

"What is it?"

"Wasabi."

Takao stood there in disbelief as Sanae walked up to the counter. "Hey, you coming?"

"Yeah, I'm coming." He said as he walked up to the counter.

He paid for the two popsicles and began making their way out. As they walked outside, they found Kimura and Mina sitting on the bench, the latter laughing.

"You're right about that." Mina began. "You know, we should totally hang out more often."

"That sounds like a good idea, how about we eat lunch together sometime?" Kimura responded.

"That's a great idea!"

"Wow, Yukari would love to see this." Sanae said as she took a bite out of her popsicle.

"Huh?" Takao asked. "Why's that?"

"She'll swoon over the slightest hint of romance, it's kinda her obsession."

"Them?" Takao asked as he looked at the two in front of him. "I mean if you look hard enough, maybe."

"That's her specialty."

"Gee, I wonder what she would think of us then."

Sanae glanced over at Takao and just stared. "..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"What exactly do you mean by that?" She asked with a slight leer."

"NOTHING!" He exclaimed as he held his hands up in defense.

She looked at him for a moment before taking a bite out of her popsicle. "Coward." Sanae paused, then glanced at Takao's popsicle. "You going to eat that?"

"Huh?" He glanced down at the popsicle in his hand. "Oh right." He took a small bite out of it and instantly squirmed at the sour taste.

"You'll get used to it."

Back in the present, the concert had reached its conclusion and people were now exiting the main area. "I'm sorry I costed us our spot." Nishikata said as he and Takagi walked out of the main area.