Toxic Request

Philia's pov:

As I was on the ship waiting to be transported home I was trying to get this damn hair pin to take the handcuffs off. "Ugh, damn it..." I cussed to myself. After minutes of trying the darn things finally came off. "About time!" I rubbed my sore wrists and threw the handcuffs to the side.

It felt like the boat was stopping, so I readied my disguise. I put on my hood and fixed my eyepatch. When I looked to see if no one was looking I quietly snuck away from the boat and started dashing to America's house. When I finally made it I peeked out of the bushes and eyed a vent, that would be enough to make me sneak through... I made my way through the plants and immediately crawled into the vent. "Now, where are you America?" I whispered. I shimmied and crawled to different parts of the vent,  making left and rights, here and there, but still I couldn't find America.

"He did what?!" I heard a shrill scream from the vents. "He has bombed Pearl Harbor sir..." I listened intently and followed the conversation. "How are we gonna be able to save Philia without any warships?!" I stopped at one point of the vent and I looked down through the vent's lid. "Sir there is always option 2..." The soldier said secretively. "That's it we have no choice... Get the scientists and tell them that I'll allow this." America said in a desperate voice. "Right away sir." I watched as the man walked out and turned my head to America again. He looked stressed and tired. "Oh Philia... I'm so sorry, this is all my fault!" He said to himself not knowing that I was inside the vent right on top of him. "I can't believe it... Japan has taken you and I have become so weak!" My chest hurt and I pitied him for he was putting all the blame to himself. "Damn it America, pull yourself together." I mumbled. "What?.... Hello?... Is anyone there?" I looked down to see America looking scared and confused. I covered my mouth. Oops, I think I said it to loud. "Who said that? reveal yourself, I-I demand you!"

Hehe... He stuttered, he's pretty cute when he's stutters... Not like I like him or anything though... "I won't say again!!!" I heard a click and saw that America has pulled out a gun. Uh-oh... I got intimidated by his move and tried crawling away from the vent lid that my whole body was leaning on...

*C R E A K*

"Uhm... What was th-" before I could finish my sentence the lid of the vent swung open and I ended up falling 10 feet. Everything went silent for a moment. "A-am I d-dead?" I opened one eye and I seems like I never hit the ground. "Ph-Philia?" I looked up and I saw America looking at me with wide eyes. I touch my head and that's when I noticed that my hood fell off. I looked down and I saw that America has caught me right in time. "H-hey America, crazy trust exercise huh?" I untangled myself from his arms that caught me, I looked at him again and he still looked at me with a shocked expression. "And speaking of 'Trust' I just wanted to say that I escaped from Japan's country, and came here to fight by your side because I'm... T-... T-trust-...." I inhaled deeply, why is it so hard for me to just say that I trust him? I took another deep breath and tried saying it again. "I came here to fight by your side because I'm T-t-trusting you!" I blushed embarrassed, I never stuttered like that in my life! As I was waiting for a slap or any sort of punishment, I kept my eyes shut tight. But instead of anything slapping or hurting me, I felt a warm hand caress my cheek, I opened my eyes to see America smiling warmly at me as he used his other hand to hug my waist. "I'm so sorry Philia... For everything... But thank you for trusting in me... I won't let you down, and I will fix my broken promise on giving you independence." I smiled back and said. "I have forgiven you America." I heard him chuckle. "Even if I don't deserve it?" He had a sad tone in his voice. "No America... You deserve it..." We let go from the hug and America had a huge smile plastered on his face. One problem checked off the list.

America and I spent the whole night talking about everything that has happened to us ever since we parted. "Haha! So you're telling me, that you picked off every single one of my soldiers just so you'd still be hidden?" I nodded and we both laughed so hard. This is nice, America and I fixed our problem, rewrote our peace treaties, and now we're here chatting like old friends. America has also ripped the paper confirming on him keeping my land forever... He really has change. "Well we better get some sleep... We have a lot of preparations to do tomorrow... You know what I mean..." He said quietly. I nodded and we both went upstairs, America got some of the servants to fix a room for me which is right next to his. As we walked toward our rooms we both bid each other goodnight and closed our doors.

~Timeskip~

I was done taking a shower and getting ready to go to bed. "Finally, one of my problems... Fixed!" I said happily. "Enjoying your life without me himawari?" I got scared and sat up immediately looking around the room. "J-Japan?" I asked terrified. "Aw, don't tell me that you're scared of me~" I heard him again. "Where are you?" I demanded. "I'm not stupid Philia, you really think I didn't expect you to run away? Perhaps you should try searching your neck..." I was confused but followed what he said anyway. I searched my neck when all of a sudden I felt a cold circular metal thing on the side of my neck. "Japan what is this thing?!" I said freaking out and trying to pull it off, but it wouldn't, it was like clawed into my flesh. "Oh you know, it's the device I'm using to talk to you right now... Or you can say that it's a tracker and a recorder... Congratulations Philia you are now my spy, for I can now hear everything that America tells you." I was shocked and started whimpering helplessly as I tried to pull it off again. "Japan, please don't do this..." I started crying. "Well I could... But..." He paused. "But what?" I asked wiping my tears. "The one condition I'm giving you is put inside the knife I gave to you." I stood up from my bed and unpacked the knife he gave me when I first moved to his country, it was a beautiful retractable knife.

(Knife not mine, because I'm a child of the law :D )

"What you seek is inside the handle... Unscrew it..." I did as he said and when I opened it a small container slid out. "Poison my dear, you said you wanted independence and freedom... Go and connect the container to the knife's blade and stab America and it'll poison him." I stared at the tiny container with the black liquid inside. "No, America has proven to me that he's trustworthy enough. I'll never poison him... I'd rather wait for my freedom than to get my hands filthy with blood."

"Hmmm... I knew you would say that... Well let me tell you something himawari, when you and America go to war with me and we see each other face to face again... You better stab him with the knife in front of me... Or else that metal device I put on your neck while choking you will release toxic into your body with just one press of a button." I was shocked and started tearing up again. "So what's your answer himawari? Me... Or nobody."

My legs lost their strength and I just ended up falling and sitting on the floor. "Himawari... Are you still there? Can you still hear me? Better tell me your choice now..." I looked at the floor with lifeless eyes and shed a single tear. I took off my eyepatch and set it down in shame as I forced out the choice I made out of my mouth.

"Fine... I'll do it..."

I can't believe what I was doing. Just when America and I fixed everything... Why can't I just stand up for myself?! Why am I such a coward?! "Good himawari... Well go to sleep, watashi no ai... You've got to store up that energy to murder that American for your future husband~"

~~~~~~~~~~
1499 words
~~~~~~~~~~