Ephemeral Memories

Philia's pov:

"Mama? Can you sing me a song?"

I didn't know where I was, but the only thing I saw was a little girl tugging on a woman's skirt, I assumed that was her mother. I was so confused so I decided to at least ask one of them where I was. "Uhm, excuse me ma'am? Can you please tell me where I am?" The woman didn't answer me, nor did she turn her head to look at me, like I was a ghost who was invisible. Is this some sort of vision? If it is I should just watch everything going on. "Please Mama... Just one song?" The toddler begged. The mother laughed and pat her daughter's head. "Okay just one, which one do you want me to sing?" To be honest, the mother was a beautiful woman and her daughter definitely takes after her. "Oh, oh! Can Mama sing the song... Uhmmmm... The song she sings to me when I am discouraged or sad?" I was interested but at the same time struck by a familiar feeling in my chest. "The name of the song is safe and sound, do you want to sing it with me?" The girl's face lit up and she gave the cutest toddler laugh. "Yes, yes! I am going to sing with Mama!" The mother and daughter started singing together and immediately I was struck with an arrow of euphoria. Who are these people? Why do they seem so familiar?

"You and I'll be safe and... Sound~~"

The song ended and child ended up laughing and hugging her mother. I smiled as well but all of a sudden everything went black and there was nothing in sight, the mother and child were nowhere to be seen and I was just standing in a black abyss. I looked around everywhere and saw a small pinch of light in the distance, I immediately started running towards it and it seems like I was transported into a cave, because when I stepped out into the light I was surrounded by trees and nature. "Wait, I know this place... It's-" My words were interrupted when I heard a bang in the distance. I was so shocked and curious that I decided to follow it, I ran through the forest and physically stopped when I saw something in the distance. I came closer to it and what I saw bothered me, I saw the mother hugging her daughter tightly and trying to calm the toddler who was now crying. "Sssh, sssh, it's okay Mama's here..." The woman said, I could tell she was trying to sound calm but deep in her voice I could sense fear. There was another bang and this time it sounded closer. The child screamed and her mother quickly covered her mouth. I looked over to the direction of the bang and I saw smoke, what I saw next got me completely shocked. I saw Spain's father walking into the forest. What vision is this?! I turned back to the mother and daughter and suddenly the woman told her daughter something. "Sweetie listen to me, I need you to go and get some flowers for Mama okay? Get me Sampaguitas okay?" The mother started tearing up and that's when I realized the reckless game she was about to play. "But Mama, the Sampaguitas are the farthest flowers from here..." The child said. "Don't worry, Papa, and your brother will pick you up, just go there and wait for them... Don't go anywhere until they get you okay? I love you anak, so much!" She then kissed her daughter's head and made the child run away. When the child was now out of sight the woman stood up and revealed herself to the father of Spain. "Aaah, now you show your face to me..." Spanish Empire said with a smug tone. Before she could answer a man out of nowhere rushed over and blocked the woman. I couldn't believe my eyes, it was- "Sir KKK, nice to finally see you in the flesh." I was so shocked that my father was in my vision... But then who was the woman he was protecting? "I won't ask you again... Get out of our land!" Wait did my father just say our land? If he was referring to "our" land, the only person he should be talking about should be here with them... Wait, no.... It can't be....

"Perla, where is Philia?" No.... The woman.... Is actually my mother?! "She's waiting for you and Del in the Sampaguita garden..." My so called Mother whispered in my father's ear. Everything went in a flash as my father fought and fought with Spain's bloodthirsty father. My father started losing and the Spanish man started talking again. "Ha! You stupid native! I'll have this land in no time and take everything you love... Hmmm... Why wait though when I can do it now." He then pointed the gun toward My Kuya Del who soon found My parents and watched with my mother as my father got beat up. Spain's father then pulled the trigger and the bullet came rushing toward Kuya Del but then.......