You Liar!

Philia's pov:

I let out a small yawn as I leaned back on my chair, a load of books on my desk. It's only been 2 weeks and I moved in with America to a new house but this time it was way more... Modern, than the mansion Spain had before. "Ma'am, I brought you a cup of coffee." I turned my head to see one of the servants wearing a knee-length dress and holding a tray of coffee and some cookies. "Oh, thank you, just place it on the side of my desk please." She nodded and did as I said. "Ma'am, you've been working so hard lately. Why don't you go outside and walk?"

"Oh no, I can't really do that now, you see America told me that if I studied to be a proper country he'd give me independence... So the faster I learn the faster I get to my independence." I said picking up the book that I started reading about... 3? Hours ago finishing the last page. "Oh? Why do you seem like you're so desperate to leave your new ally?" I paused for a moment and closed the now finished book. It's not like I want America to feel like I want him out of here immediately... I just want him to see me as a strong independent country who will give everything up for her people. "Don't you wanna, maybe, I don't know... Get to know him better?" She said while tucking her blonde hair behind her ear. "I don't know, if I really want to right now while I'm still not independent..." The girl just looked at me and blinked multiple times. "Well okay then..." I looked away and grabbed another book to start reading. Learning how to collaborate with other nations... I read the title of the book and sighed deeply while sweeping my  bangs up out of stress.

~Timeskip~

I finished all my coffee and all the books I was supposed to read for the day. "Finally done..." I groaned out and lay on my bed. I looked up and stared at the ceiling. "Dad, Mom, Brother... I hope you're well... Who knew that if we wanted independence so much we'd have to almost burn a Spaniard, get sold to an American, and read everyday until you work your ass off." I chuckled to myself and just when I thought I could finally sleep I heard a knock on the door. "May I come in?" America's deep low voice said behind the door. I quietly grumbled, can't he tell that I'm so fricking tired after reading 25 books per day just so that I can get independence?! "Yes." I said bored. The door opened slightly and America's figure came into the room. "Whoa, this place is full of papers, and books..." I looked up rubbing my sore neck. "You really are a hard worker." He said trying not to step on the papers that were scattered on the ground. "I'll clean those up later." I said getting up.

America sat on one of the couches in my room while I was picking up the papers on the floor and placed them on my desk. "So I heard from one of my servants that you are really desperate to get independence." I looked at him straight in the eye and said. "It's not like I want you to leave immediately... I just want you to view me as a country like you." I said. America had this guilty expression on his face but then he looked at me and replied. "Tomorrow my states are coming here so I thought maybe you would like to take a break and meet them..."

"No can't, sorry I have to study up to be a successful country." America frowned and came over to my side. "Please just this once?" I rolled my eye at him and suddenly he started stroking my eyepatch. "Fine, but just this once." I said surrendering. "Yay, thanks Philia." He said and gave me a hug.

~Next Day~

America's pov:

Philia and I were standing outside waiting for my weird, loud, and very annoying states. Unfortunately out of 50 states only four of them could visit me today. I looked down to see Philia in her black military outfit and staring boredly into the distance. "You owe me big time for this..." Philia said threateningly. So she's really taking this independence business seriously... That would be a problem to what I decided yesterday....

~Flashback~

I was walking around the newly built in city I instructed my workers to build and stopped at one of the buildings. I stopped because of the sign that was written at the top of one building. The pearl of the orient... I couldn't understand why this company had such a weird, suspicious name, so I went inside the new building only to be greeted by a female secretary. "Well hello there Mr. America do you need help with something?"