Millions Of Dollars For A Pearl

America's pov:

Ever since I stepped onto the very soil of this land I sensed that something was suspicious, and I was right I walked into the forest and neared a waterfall, saw a girl and stepped on a twig making the girl stand up immediately. "Sino yun?" the girl demanded. I didn't know what to do, but then examining her stance I could tell she was hiding a gun in her coat.

Of course I had to do something, but standing up to reveal myself could have a slight chance of her shooting me immediately without saying a word. So I decided to just shoot her with a dart and when she passes out that's when I'll run.....

~Present~

Philia's pov:

I was in the camp's cafeteria preparing Pandesal, and coffee for this foreigner named America. "So you own this whole place?" He asked as he took off his coat and military hat. "My father did, I just reused this place to train my soldiers." I answered not even caring to look at him while mixing the coffee. I could tell America was staring at me from behind. "You're not an independent country yet are you?" I didn't reply to his question and just silently walked to the table he was sitting in with the bread and coffee. "So what I said is correct, you're not independent... And you're gonna go to war with your colonizer for it." I was impressed he saw the truth by just looking at me. "No sh**, you got all of it correct." I said taking my seat and looking at him with such intimidation in my eyes. "Huh, why though?... Isn't it great being colonized, I mean, you don't have any responsibilities and you can do whatever you want." I looked at him but stayed quiet. "I don't think you understand, and I don't think you understand what it's like for me to be colonized."

"Oh no, I definitely understand what it's like, in fact let me tell you, that my colonizer ended up adopting me. Then he got married to another country who adopted another small helpless country boy just like me, and from that day on I was in a family. I just stared at him, so Mr. UK was his colonizer huh? "Well then good for you, but I'm not stopping from going to war with my colonizer, you don't even know him." I said facing the cafeteria's window with a straight face. "But I bet your colonizer is worried sick for you and is trying to find you." I sighed sadly.

"You're right about him trying to find me... But then again you're wrong about him worrying about me. If I ever show my face to him again he would-..." I closed my one eye tight and got up from my seat to wash the mug and plate. And as I set down the dishes in the sink I felt a warm hand touch my shoulder from behind.

Whoa, wasn't expecting that... Then all of a sudden the hand slid down to my side and lifted my Sando. (Sleeveless shirt) I shuddered and gripped his wrist before he could fully lift my shirt.  "I'm warning you, you do not want to see my back..." He completely ignored me and brushed my hand off. And when he fully lifted my shirt from behind he could now see my scars. "Because if you showed up in front of him again he would... Perhaps... Kill you?" I just stood there with a shadow covering my face. "Y-you have no idea what I've been through... You were just lucky that your colonizer showed mercy and love to you your whole life, surrounded by people who ended up loving you... While on the other hand... My colonizer has taken away everything from me... My Father, my Mother, and even my Brother. Then one day he made it even worse by giving me love that he knew he would take away from me... And not long after he did... He caged me, locked me away like an animal, while he'd go and waste the rest of his days picking up new women and letting them beat me up along with him." I finally opened my eye and realized just then that I was crying. I immediately looked up to see America looking at me with a serious face.

"I-I'm sorry, I just... I sacrificed a lot to get to this part of my life, but now remembering what my father told me, I actually made a huge change carved up by all the sacrifices I made. I wiped my tears and faced him. "You... You should get some sleep." He said softly. I sighed and grabbed his hand to drag him to my room. "Here, you can sleep on my hammock for tonight."