No More Hate

Spain's pov:

After everything I just witnessed in that room yesterday made me think the whole night. I need to find a way to get to know her better so that I can make it up to her. I was thinking deeply and I had the most perfect idea, I immediately ran downstairs and told Juan my plan. "Alright Sire as you wish." As I changed my clothes I quickly ran to the village to buy what I planned on getting.

Philia's pov:

I woke up due to the sun coming through the window. Great another day to realize I'm still colonized. I went and walked in to my gigantic closet just to pick out a simple red and black Spanish dress, went out of my room and slid down the railing of the mansion's stairs.

"Well good morning Ms. Philia, breakfast is ready." he said as he put a bowl of Champorado on the table. "Thanks Juan." I said blandly. "Prince Spain went into town and is kind of busy."

Ugh, why does he have to inform me about this! Isn't that stupid Spaniard always busy?

~Timeskip~

I was walking around the mansion and I was getting really bored, I already explored all of these parts of the mansion.

I took a break in the middle of one of the hallways and inhaled and exhaled repeatedly.

*Sigh*

This whole mansion is big but I already know every part of it and it just feels like I'm gonna forever be trapped in a cage, without even knowing what my land is turning into.

I reeled in a deep sigh and leaned on the wall of the hallway. I looked out the window and saw the view of a wide meadow and blue sky. "When will I get to experience that feeling of freedom again?"

When I was thinking of what it's like to run around the beach again something caught my eye, there was a wooden carriage carrying a bunch of pots with flowers and plants in them, and when the carriage disappeared into the corner of the window a thought hit me.

"Wait, why are they coming to the back of the mansion? I thought the mansion was already finished with construction." I immediately ran to one of the rooms to see where the carriage was going, to investigate what's going on.

And when I pushed the doors open, no windows? I went to every room in the same side of the hallway, and not one.... Not one had any windows.

It's like Spain is trying to hide something from me. "Grrrrr... What are you up to now Spain?" Is this the reason why he forbid me to go out? What's the potted plants for? For how long did he keep this secret from me?

I was so irritated and I couldn't contain myself any longer, so I marched down and called for Juan. "Yes Ms. Philia?" he said calmly like he always is. "Juan, I saw a carriage carrying pots of plants and it went to the back of the mansion... What was that?!"

Juan didn't flinch one bit but with the look on his face you could tell he was shocked. "Y-you saw the carriage?" he's stuttering it means there is something going on. "Yes I did, now tell me what was it for? Is it the reason Spain didn't let me go out of the mansion once?!"

Juan sweatdropped and gulped but he still answered with a calm voice. "Ms. Philia, I know that you don't fully trust us but, all I can say is... Prince Spain... He-... He cares for you he was so worried when you would just lock yourself in your room all the time."

Wh-what? This didn't make any sense, he killed my family... Why would he care so much about me? As I thought to myself Juan spoke up and said. "Ms. Philia, please believe us but.... Whatever Prince Spain did to you he felt really guilty that he wants to make up to you."

I was so confused that all I could do was turn my heels and walk to my room. But why?..... Why would he care about me? Is he really serious when Juan said he felt bad? I groaned as I fell on my bed. "I don't know what to believe anymore!"

Spain's pov:

I came home with the gift I brought for my senorita and handed it to Juan. "Here Juan, take this and take good care of it until Christmas okay?" Juan nodded and smiled but then the smile turned into a frown. "Juan what's wrong?" Juan looked up and said.

"It's just that Ms. Philia is upset because she saw one of the gardeners bringing the plants you asked for the special garden you've been making for her and she thinks you're keeping secrets from her." My eyes widen in shock and concern. "Where is she now?" I demanded. "In her room." Juan answered immediately.

I ran up the stairs as fast as I could and when I got close to her room I stopped to the sound of a guitar being played. I stopped just a few inches away from her door close enough to hear an angelic voice sing.

Credit to: Jasmine Thompson

After the song ended I felt a tear running down my cheek.... I never heard a voice so sweet sounding before.

Philia's pov:

I was singing a song I wrote with the guitar Spain gave me. It's just that I got bored of doing nothing so I wrote a song. As I was about to put the guitar away someone behind me spoke. "Y-you wrote that?" I turned around to see Spain standing near the now open door. "Y-yes... I did." I said embarrassed.

Spain's pov:

I didn't even know what to say so I just stood there like an idiot. "Well, i-it was... B-beautiful." she raised her head to look at me. "Thank you." Dang it, this conversation is so awkward! I thought to myself.

Before I could say anything she spoke up. "Is it true?.... Did you really mean it when you told Juan you felt bad for what you did?" I looked up surprised but slowly answered. "Yes I did.... And I'm so sorry." A few seconds passed and I noticed her crying. "Why did you kill them?" she whispered. "I-... I needed to fulfill a stupid promise I made to my father and I got carried away..."

Suddenly she fell on her knees and cried even more. I got shocked, ran to her side and knelt beside her.

"Wh-why... Did you... Spare me?"
Her voice was really breaking. "I-I don't know it's just that... When we first met it didn't feel like you could be just a stranger to me." Everything was silent and then I spoke up. "You don't need to like me anymore I'm sorry... For everything."

"I-I forgive you Spain." I was so surprised but at the same time overjoyed, I hugged her tighter and whispered thank you all over again.

She forgave me... And she sounded so kind even though... I don't deserve to be forgiven.

~~~~~~~~~~
1204 words
~~~~~~~~~~