The Fight For Her

~1 year later~

Philia's pov:

I was sitting on the floor of my room while making Sampaguita necklaces. It was peaceful until I heard a gunshot.

I got so scared that I immediately ran downstairs and grabbed a bolo that belonged to my Father.
"Dang it! He lied, he told me he was here to trade but instead he attacked us! And it's been one year already and he still not giving in!"

The door swung open and I saw Kuya Del helping Father walk. "Papa! Are you okay?" I ran to his side and helped bring him to the chair.

"Tangina! They have gotten smarter and stronger!" Father said irritated. "Papa, please there must be another way! We can try talking to them nicely and I'm sure we'll agree on something... Just please stop you're just injuring yourself!"

No one's pov:

KKK looked at her like she had lost her mind. "Did they get into your head anak. COME ON THINK CLEARLY!!!"

KKK almost screamed.
This surprised Philia and she kept her mouth shut, all she wanted was to settle it peacefully.

KKK sighed in the end and pat his daughter's head. "Sorry anak but it doesn't work that way, believe me I wish it was that easy but this is our world."

Philia kept her head down the whole time then she finally spoke. "Will we lose our land if they win?" KKK looked at Del and didn't know what to say until Del took the question. "Yes we will lose the land if they win but I assure you Philia, we won't lose."
Philia looked up to meet her brother's eyes then averted her eyes to her Father.

"Promise?" She asked so desperately. KKK and Del looked at each other and answered. "Promise." Philia's eyes started tearing up making two of her family members worry. "Philia are you okay?" Del asked. "I-I'm just scared that when this all ends I might lose one of you, or both!... And I'll be lonely.

KKK felt his heart break, he then hugged his child and said in the most soothing voice. "Let me tell you this anak.... When I lost your mother of course it felt painful... But what is done, is done and all you can do is move on." Philia kept her head low.

"Listen to me anak, and keep this in mind till you grow big and strong... Someone who can't sacrifice anything, can't make a change. Yes it may hurt a lot but you have to let them go, but it doesn't mean you stop letting them in... You may not see it but your mother is here with us... Watching us, and keeping us safe, alright?"

Philia looked up with determination burning in her eyes. "Yes Papa I understand!"

"That's my big girl, and besides if you're all alone I'm pretty sure you can handle yourself, with all the warrior training you've been through and whoever gets in your way I'm pretty sure you'd beat them up!" all of them laughed as they began eating their dinner.

Spain's pov:

These natives have been fighting us for over a year now and Padre was right they really are hardcore not denying it. I was thinking about a lot of things until I heard a knock on the door of my ship. "Come in." I said lazily.

"Captain I have news from some of our soldiers that just came back."

I honestly don't wanna hear anything right now but I have to for the promise I made to my Father. "Go on." I said irritated.

"Well the natives have started to weaken but their leader the Father of the girl you told us about, isn't budging one centimeter. He actually killed more than we expected... For a native with just a sword, he is really strong." I growled and stabbed my desk with the knife I was holding.