Conflicted (Bonus)

Nishikata arrived at home covered in sweat and was greeted by a worried mom. He explains how he found Takagi near the river. His mom calmed down and told him to take a bath since he is covered with dripping sweat. After a long shower session, he heads to the dinner where his father caught his attention. He was worried sick with his friend until he felt relief. A thought came to his head.

"Son, something's been bugging me. The way you reacted to her disappearance was suspicious."
"W-what d-do you mean by that dad?"
"Nothing. Why son? Why are you so nervous?"
"I-I-I'm not nervous dad!"
"Hahahah, you remind me of myself though when I was your age."
"That's right, I met him when he wanted to challenge me in games when in fact he just wants to talk to me"
"W-Wait! That part wasn't true. You kept winning and I just didn't like being a sore loser that's all."

Nishikata, embarrassment by his history of game proposals with Takagi, he rushed to excused himself and dashed to his room. He jumped to his bed and muffled his screams with his pillow and fidgets uncontrollably. After a few screams, he asks himself why he asked her out in the first place. He brushes it by reading a volume of 100% Unrequited Love. He reads a scene where Kyunko is being confessed to the guy as the fireworks set off creating an amazing view at an angle. She gladly accepts his confession and hugs him. As they looked at each, they slowly moved their heads closer but as soon as Nishikata blinked, he sees a vision where it was him and Takagi in a yukata leaning in for a kiss. He immediately screams and throws his manga looking all flustered. He banged his head over and over trying to forget it and a knock from his mother made him stop. 

"Dear, are you okay?"
"Uhh- I'm okay."
"Are you sure? I can hear banging from your room."
"Uhh..... I was doing push-ups."
"Oh okay. Can you maybe keep it down? We're trying to sleep."
"Sorry mom." 

Nishikata waited for his mom's footsteps to fade until he got his manga back but he refused to read the rest of the manga. He did push-ups as a way to erase his memory. "95.....96......97" Nishikata says as he struggles with the push-ups. Eventually he gave up at 105 and proceeds to lie down on the bed. He checks the calendar and the fireworks festival will start in three days. "Why am I getting all embarrassed? What's wrong with me? I just asked Takagi-san out just so I win against her from all the games." Nishikata thought to himself until he fell asleep.