All in the beginning

All stories need to start in the beginning and in this story I take you to Southeast Asia where an unknown group of islands were...

Philia's pov:

I was sleeping peacefully in my small hut while dreaming of myself running in a field of tall grass it was peaceful there...

"Philia, gumising ka na anak..."

My eyes fluttered open as the first thing I saw was my Father KKK, he was a strong and noble man who trained with his men everyday, but though he may look intimidating and tough he was a good father who taught me how to defend myself and be hardworking.

"Magandang umaga Papa" I said while smiling brightly.

"How is my little Philia?" He asked while giving me a small but genuine smile. "I'm alright" I replied politely while getting up.

~Timeskip~

Philia's pov again:

Papa and I walked down the stairs of our little bamboo house only to see my older brother Del Pilar eating quickly.

"Ay nako Del!!! At least leave some food for your sister!" KKK scolded. "Awww fine... Here Philia... " Del said while pushing the bowl of rice towards me. "Thank you Kuya!" I said while flashing the brightest smile.

It has been like this ever since my Mother mysteriously disappeared, just me, kuya Del, and my Father

"Well kiddos, I'm gonna have to go and train the men again, I'll see you both tonight" KKK said while kissing kuya and I. "See you later Papa!" I said waving goodbye. "Bye! Stay safe you two!"

I watched Papa until he disappeared through the trees.

While Papa left to train kuya Del did his job to go out to farm and fish while I cleaned the house and went outside to get fresh air in my favorite spot, the waterfalls.

No ones pov:

Philia sat down at the foot of the falls and started humming a song her mother used to sing for her...

"Ili ili tulog anak~" Philia sang as she dipped her feet into the clear water while watching the fish swim around her ankles.

Philia's pov:

I watched the fish as they were moving here and there while deep in thought, "Mother when are you gonna return?"

I still remember my mother's voice when she sang, it was like listening to an angel. Papa told me stories about her and how I reminded him of Mama... *Sigh* if only she hadn't disappeared then our family would be complete.

~Timeskip~

I was walking home because it was starting to get dark. On my way home I could here different birds bidding each other goodnight as the trees were softly rustling in the breeze, it was peaceful and I wish it would always stay this way.

KKK pov:

I was now done training and came home a little early than usual only to see one of my children.

"Del...? Where is Philia?" I asked without even greeting him. "She's in the Falls as usual wondering where..... Mama is." Del had to pause before saying that last bit of words. I sighed, if only she knew the truth...."Papa? When are you gonna tell Philia the truth about Mama?" I shifted my eyes to Del. "S-soon,... I'll t-tell her soon..." I stuttered just as the door opened. "Hello Papa, hello kuya Del." Philia came in with a disappointed look on her face.

"Anak what's wrong?" I asked worriedly. "N-no it's just... I went to the Falls again today to try and remember Mama, b-but I still couldn't..." she looks at the ground disappointed. "It's alright anak I'm sure you will figure it out.... Someday, so why don't you come sit and eat with kuya Del and Papa?"

"O-okay" Philia answered while Del was staring at me intensely.

~Timeskip~

Del's pov:

After dinner Philia and I cleaned the table while Papa did the dishes.

I honestly felt bad for my sister, she was very young so she couldn't remember a thing but I do.... I remember everything, and I remember what Mama made me promise every single word.

~Flashback~

Del's pov:

*B A N G*

"MAMA!"

"PERLA!"

I ran towards my Mother with tears in my eyes. Papa was kneeling down beside her as I crouched. "Mahal please don't leave me and our children!!!" Papa cried as he held Mama in his arms. "Mama no, please don't go Philia still needs you!" I yelled as I faced the man who did this.

He was walking away, he was a country leader... I could tell with his skin, white and a red cross on his face.

Papa was so mad he let me hold Mama while he ran towards the murderer as they started fighting.

"D-del"

I looked down to see Mama crying in my arms. "M-mama? What is wrong?" tears started flowing from my eyes. "W-will you keep a promise?... For Mama?" she pointed to herself. "Of course Mama." I finally croaked out.

"Will you take care of Papa and Philia for me? When you grow up big and strong can you protect Philia?" she teared up her body started to stiffen. "Y-yes Mama I will, I promise." Mama then smiled at me then slowly closed her eyes as her body turned cold. I lay her down on the red stained grass because of all the blood she lost.

*B A N G*

I immediately turned my head to where the sound came from and saw the foreign country leader holding his arm while Papa was holding a gun, he probably got the gun when he was in the fight with the foreigner.

"Good job..." the foreigner said with a smirk while wincing at the pain from his shot arm. "But next time you won't be so lucky... I'll come back and when I do I'll make sure that this land is mine, then I shall hand it down to my son, then he will hand it down to his son!" he laughed psychotically.

"And I'll be here waiting for that." Papa said rather threateningly. And then from that day on Papa started training the men of our village harder. While we both had to fulfill the promise we made to Mama.

~End of Flashback~

Philia's pov:

"Papa! We're done cleaning the table!" I called as Del went upstairs. "Okay, go upstairs with kuya and sleep okay?" Papa said as he kissed my forehead. "Goodnight Papa." I said cheerfully. "Goodnight Philia I love you."

I giggled. "I love you to Papa!..... Oh and Papa?" I asked. "What is it anak?"

..........

"When's Mama coming back?"

..........

"S-soon Philia, soon." he gave a forced smile as I went up and slept in the same room as kuya Del.

"I wish things would stay like this"

~~~~~~~~~~
1129 words
~~~~~~~~~~