Part twenty-eight

(Chloe's POV)

Bzz Bzz!

I looked at my phone and saw a text. I didn't recognize the number so I opened it and saw what it said.

Hey! Figured I make sure you didn't give me a bogus number.😂Hope u r ok. U seemed pretty out of it when u left. -Harley

I forgot I gave him my number.

Hey. Yeah, I'm fine.🤷🏼‍♀️ Thanks for wondering. I just saw someone I never thought I would ever see again. But I'm fine. -Chloe

I got out of the message tag and added Harley's name to my contacts so that I knew who he was.

Bzz Bzz!

I'm sorry.😢 Want to talk? -H

I smiled at the text.

No. But thanks. Maybe later.😊 -C

"Chloe!" I heard mom yell and I groaned.

I got to go. Talk later? -C

I waited for his response and heard mom call again.

"I'm coming!" I said to stall her.

Of course. Anytime! I'll see u later! -H

I smiled at his reply and the dragged myself out of my bed to go face the music.

Is that the right phrase? I think it is.

"You want to tell me where you've been?" She asked as I entered the room.

"In my room?" I said almost as a question rather then a answer.

"Really?" She said raising her of her eyebrows.

"Yes!" I said.

She never believes me.

"Can I go back to my room now? I have some work that I still need to finish." I lied.

Okay. So I know that my mom is the Black Widow and all that, and I shouldn't lie because she probably knows I'm lying, but if she knows I'm lying, is it really lying?

Mom looked at me for a minute and then said, "Fine." I walked back into my room and sat on my bed.

I looked at my phone and then out the window. I laid down closing my eyes as I rested my head on my pillow. I could feel a headache coming on.

A really bad one.

I sat bolt upright sensing something off. I felt a breeze.

Why would wind be blowing in my room.

I walked over to my window and saw it.

My window was open.

Why would my window be open? How long had it been open for? I didn't even know it could open.

I used the one power I hated, telepathy, and linked my mind up to mom.

Mom! I thought.

I could feel her become very confused and frightened.

Mom! It's me! Chloe! I'm using my powers to speak in your head! I think someone broke into the compound! I told her as I closed my window.

Wait! Since when have you had telepathy? Mom asked confused.

As if that was the most important thing right now.