New Unusual Life

A new day has come and Chi has awakened from her futon. She looks half asleep and blurts out words that were complete nonsense which made Takagi wake up. She assumed she was still sleeping and decided to leave her alone until Chi woke up energized screaming "Mom I just had the weirdest dream. I saw you but like your young you-". Her momentum seized when she saw Takagi looking at her all confused. Tears burst out of Chi of eyes and started sobbing wishing everything was a dream. Takagi rushed to her and comforted her until she calmed down.

"Everything okay now Chi"

"Yeah. Thanks" Chi said as she calmed down

"What happened to her parents?". Takagi thought to herself as she tries to offer water to Chi. They headed downstairs for breakfast and enjoyed every bite of Takagi's mother's cooking. Takagi's mother noticed the depressing atmosphere and tries to come up for a conversation with a smirk.

"Chi, did you know that Takagi constantly teases Nishikata because she likes him?".

"Mom! Why did you say that? Geez!" Takagi covers her face with her hair looking all flustered.

Chi acts up a surprising reaction keeping the mood going until they finished their meal and headed outside. They went outside and Chi asks "Uh mo-*ahem* Takagi-chan, where are we going?". "We're going to Nishikata's house" Takagi said as she looked back at her.

A few minutes later, they arrived at Nishikata's house and Chi notices Takagi looks stiff attempting to knock at his door with a flushed face. She leans closer to her and asks "Are you okay?". Takagi snaps back at reality and took deep breaths before heading. "Yeah I'm fine" Takagi replied to chi looking back at her. She knocked on the door and Nishikata sees the two of them in question.

"T-Takagi-san? What are you doing here? And Chi too?".

"We came here to play"

"Huh? We are?" Chi and Nishikata asked in unison.

"Actually" Takagi leaned into Nishikata's ear. "I need your help. It's about Chi's parents. She's been lonely ever since and I can't stand just listening to her". They both looked at Chi and Nishikata agreed on helping her out. He let out a confident aura around him and decided to play along. Chi however looked suspicious with the two of them being all secretive on her but she also decided to play along.

They walked for hours while talking about how Nishikata always loses in his own games and how is easily embarrassed. The three of them stopped at the vending machine and bought drinks for themselves. Lucky for Chi, she still had enough money from her parents for her school expenses. Nishikata came up with a plan and decided to challenge Takagi once again after all the losses he had.

"Takagi-san, up for a new challenge"

"Sure" A smile appeared on Takagi's face.

"Alright, The way this game works is if whoever won throws the can to the trash can wins"

"Didn't we do that last time we played here?"

"Well, yeah but this time I know I can win." Says the confident Nishikata

Chi suddenly had a realization that her parents have always been in competitions with each other. Nishikata looked at Chi and said "Hey Chi, let me show you that I can win for once". He stood in a readied position, left foot forward while right foot back, right arm at the back ready for a determined throw until

"Oh that's right. I remember the rules, if you win, you get a kiss.". Time stopped for Nishikata. He had suddenly remembered the embarrassing victory award. He lost consciousness in real-time and dropped his can to his feet. He screams in defeat while Takagi laughed at his defeat.