Chapter 23

Shota Aizawa POV

"Todoroki I have reason to believe Izuku trusts you the most out of the rest of your class. I want you to keep an eye on him, he's going to breakdown a lot after seeing Shigaraki and Kurogiri, although he'll be hesitant at first and try to fake being ok, he's really good at that. It's not my place to tell you what happened with the villains, he can tell you when he's ready but for now, I'm going to have him stay with you. Is that alright?" I asked. Todoroki nodding letting me know that it was fine before leaving with the rest of his class.

Izuku Aizawa POV

"Are you sure they don't think different of me dad?" I asked quietly as we approached the dorms. I had woken up about an hour ago but Recovery Girl had to check up on me before I could leave. Currently, I was still in a lot of pain and my head felt like it was going to explode but I insisted on walking on my own.

"Izuku your classmates are grateful that you worked so hard to protect them none of them, not even Bakugo, think badly of you understand?" Dad said and I nodded before walking into the dorms, all the conversations that were going on before stopped and everyone looked at me, this instantly made me uncomfortable and I tried to back up out the door but dad put his hand on my back letting me know two things, one, that I would be fine and two, he wasn't going to let me leave. 

I waved and then quickly started going toward the elevator, Todoroki followed me probably to make sure I wasn't alone, I think you all know how being alone goes for me. "Izuku do you want to stay in my room?" He asked quietly probably being mindful of my headache. I nodded and followed him to his room. 

"I think I'm gonna rest for a bit if that's ok," I said and Todoroki nodded. I laid down on the futon since Todoroki insisted I sleep there since I'm injured and I didn't feel like arguing with him. I fell asleep almost as soon as I laid down, I guess I was more tired than I thought. 

When I woke up Todoroki was asleep on the ground next to me which made me feel bad. I quietly got up and picked up Todoroki, gently to make sure I didn't wake him and laid him down on the futon while I went and laid on the floor.

I've tried to fall asleep but I couldn't get comfortable, the futon is a pretty good size maybe I could share it with him. No, he probably would get upset if I did that but, at the same time Todoroki isn't really the type to get mad about something like that. Maybe just for a couple of hours. I shakily stood up and laid back down next to Todoroki, he was really warm so I instinctively cuddled up to him, and after just a few minutes I fell into a calm (and thankfully dreamless) sleep.

*Morning time*  Izuku Aizawa POV

"Izuku, we need to get up, I know we have the day off but it's late in the morning," Todoroki said gently shaking me. I opened my eyes and unwillingly found myself blushing, I jumped out the bed and bowed.

"S-sorry Todoroki I didn't mean to s-sleep on you for so l-long, i-it's just I felt bad having you sleep on the f-floor but then I couldn't get c-comfortable and l-laid next to y-you. I-i'm sorry that was selfish o-of m-me." I stuttered out shaking.

"Izuku calm down it's fine. I didn't mind it, I was just saying we should be getting up by now. And don't move so fast with those injuries, take it easy." Todoroki said calming me down a bit.

"R-right, s-sorry." I stuttered again.

"You don't need to keep apologizing, how about we go see the others, and then I'll go with you to Recovery Girl so she can finish healing you alright?" He asked. I just nodded and followed him out the door and we made our way to the lobby and kitchen area where all the others were, suddenly it felt like all eyes were on me and I instinctively tensed up and hid behind Todoroki. He gave me a reassuring glance and looked back at our classmates who seemed to have sensed my nervousness and went back to whatever they were doing.

"Are you hungry? I know you haven't eaten since at least before the USJ." He asked. I simply shook my head, there was too much going on for me to worry about something like eating. "Are you sure?" I nodded and sat down while Todoroki got something to eat. 

"Hey Izuku, how are you feeling?" Uraraka asked surprising me.

"A-ah um I-i'm fine." I studdered out. 

"You looked really cool fighting that giant monster!" Kaminari chimed in from behind me causing me to jump.

"U-uh thanks, I guess," I said looking to Todoroki for help but he wasn't paying attention.

"By the way did you know those villains?" I jumped again as Kirishima joined us. The question seemed to grab Todoroki's attention and he looked at me with a concerned glance. I looked down at my feet not liking the question or the amount of attention on me.

"I uh I would rather not talk about that right now if that's ok," I answered even quieter than before.

"What was that?" Kaminari asked.

"He said he didn't want to talk about it, give him some space he's only just woken up," Jiro said. How do they keep sneaking up on me? The others agreed with her and apologized if they startled or overwhelmed me and went back with everyone else that was down here.

"Thanks, Jiro," I said bowing a little. 

"No problem Izuku," she said walking off to join the others.

"Ready to go?" Todoroki asked, I nodded and off to the main campus we went.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 1021