Chapter 22

Shota Aizawa POV (I feel like we needed a change of POV for a bit)

Izuku stared at the Nomu as it stood back up completely unharmed and I already know what he was thinking. "Izuku no you are in no state to keep fighting that thing," I said.

"I have to protect them, dad." He said quietly already getting ready to fight again. I could hold him back with my capture weapon but he would struggle and hurt himself more, there's no way I can talk him out of this. I looked at the rest of my students. 

"Todoroki come here," I said and Todoroki walked over. I'm aware that he doesn't like to use his flames but maybe he will help Izuku. "Listen there is no way I can talk Izuku out of fighting but he is in no state to fight much less fight alone, I could cancel his quirk but he has multiple and I can't get his fire usually. Your power should complement his and your body should be able to withstand his fire, please help him." I explained, Todoroki just nodded and went over to Izuku.

Izuku was in his own world at this point and most likely didn't even notice Todoroki. I looked at the burns on his arms and legs, those are only gonna get worse. I'm gonna try to attack the Nomu from behind while Todoroki and Izuku get the front. 

***********************************************************************************************

Izuku Aizawa POV

I have to protect my class and dad, dad is injured he can't fight I'll have to freeze him so he doesn't hurt himself even more. I had no choice but to let Todoroki fight with me since I can only freeze one person at a time but he isn't injured and I can go all out with my fire. 

I ran at the Nomu with Todoroki close behind and my dad yelling at me to unfreeze him, I could only hold him for about ten seconds but I could refreeze him over and over again if I need too. "Izuku let Mr.Aizawa fight!" Todoroki said as we attacked the Nomu. 

"No, he's hurt," I said quietly but he still heard me.

"So are you Izuku!"

"I'm not important," I said and decided to end the conversation there covering myself in my fire to fight the Nomu. I landed punch after punch but I soon I started seeing black spots cloud my vision, I can't pass out I have to protect everyone and keep dad from getting even more hurt by holding him still. I forced myself to keep going even when I felt Shigaraki grab my arm and start disintegrating it, I just blasted him off and kept hitting the Nomu determined to beat him.

"Have no fear young ones, for I AM HERE!" All Might's here he'll be able to beat this thing I'm sure. 

"IZUKU!" Todoroki yelled as I started falling, my quirks gave out and the last thing I saw was Todoroki picking me up and bringing to dad and everyone else, and then everything went dark.

***********************************************************************************************

Shota Aizawa POV

Todoroki brought Izuku back over to me as soon as All Might started fighting. Seeing Izuku in this state makes me want to cry but I still have a class to take care of. I gently took Izuku from Todoroki and had the class follow me. All I had was probably a sprained ankle since that was the only thing in pain but Izuku was much worse off. 

Once everyone else arrived they defeated the rest of the villains and All Might eventually defeated the Nomu. Hizashi ran over to Izuku and me and as soon as he saw Izuku he teared up.

"What happened?!" He yelled.

"He was so determined to protect everyone and froze me so I couldn't fight the Nomu again once he realized I was injured. He's overused several of his quirks which explains the burns all over his body." I explained.

"Wait you're injured too?!" 

"I think it's just a sprained ankle it's not that big of a deal but Izuku thought it was and made sure I didn't fight," I answered, Hizashi quickly, but very carefully, took Izuku from me.

"Even if it is 'just a sprain' and 'not that big of a deal' you still shouldn't be carrying someone."  I sighed and rolled my eyes at him.

"Let's get the kids back on the bus and back to the main campus so we can get Izuku to Recovery Girl," I said and had my students file onto the bus. They weren't nearly as lively as they were on the way here but I can't say I blame them, they just had to fight a bunch of villains and their classmate is badly burnt and passed out. I don't even want to look to see how bad Izukus burns under his clothes are (They are fireproof for obvious reasons). 

Once we arrived Hizashi rushed Izuku to Recovery Girl's office while I got everyone else settled in the classroom and leaving them with Nemuri and also heading to Recovery Girl, mostly to check on Izuku but also to get my ankle fixed.

"How is he doing?" I asked once I got there.

"Well she was able to heal some of his burns but he also had a broken arm and a couple of broken ribs so she healed those first, now have her heal your ankle, " Hizashi said and I nodded knowing there was no point in arguing.

I got my ankle healed and went back to the classroom to update the students and Nemuri on Izuku. "How is Izuku?" Todoroki asked he was the one who had to catch Izuku and carry him to me so it's no surprise he was a little more worried than the rest.

"Izuku will be fine, he should wake up in a couple of hours when he does I'll bring him back to the dorms but he's going to need to rest so please don't overwhelm him. Another thing, due to the overuse of his quirk Restrain he is going to have a very big headache so try to keep it down." I explained to the entire class. The class nodded in understanding and then I sat down to talk with Todoroki personally since I believe Izuku trusts him the most out of all his other classmates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1070

Guys, I feel like I have finally defeated my enemy writer's block, for now, its return is inevitable but for now, I am free. Also Happy turkey day! Sorry I got this chapter out a little late.