Part fourteen

Clint Barton's farm.
(Chloe's POV)

In the eight weeks that I had been here,

Three before mom left, and five after,

I had found a new family in the Barton's, gotten two siblings whether I liked it or not,

technically I'm more like there cousin, but ya know.

Found I guy I maybe, sorta, kinda, possibly have a crush on,

that's what Lila said there called. Although on account of her being pretty young I'm not sure.

Healed almost completely, gotten a better handle of my powers, found a new secret passion,

it's teaching Cooper and Lila different languages.

Learned how to milk a cow,

I know I said that I had never seen one before, but now I have, and I have seen more then I wanted to.

And have become what Clint likes to call a natural born 'country girl'.

I'm not so sure how I felt about that.

"Chloe!"

I turned my head to see Clint walking out of the house.

I sighed as I got off the ground and left Lila to finish the craft project we were doing outside.

"What's up?" I asked when I got to the porch.

"Nat called. She said that I needed to come back. Something about a mission." My eyes lit up at the mention of a mission.

"No." He said pointing a finger at me. "No! You are not coming. Nat would kill me if I let you come. Besides your still healing." I frowned at him.

"If I can do three backflips, a round off, and two back handspring all in a row without pulling my stitches, can I come?" I pleaded as I gave him my puppy dog eyes.

If there was one thing that I had learned in the past five weeks about Clint, it was that he was the soft parent. You gave him the saddest, cutest puppy eyes, he would crack like an egg.

"Fine." He said pinching the bridge of his nose. "But if you even wince, I'm not letting you. And you can't go on the mission when we get there. You have to stay at the tower."

I scowled at him before sighing. "Fine!" I said crossing my arms.

"Alright let's see then." He said motioning for me to hold up my end of the bargain.

I walked away from the porch and onto the grass taking a deep breath and leaned into a backflip.

One, two, three.

Then a round off.

Then into a back handspring

One, two.

I landed in my feet out of breath.

Okay. That hurt.

"So?" I clutched my side as I breathed.

"Yeah, alright."

———————————

After I packed my bag I went out to to meet Clint.

I didn't know how we were getting to New York, but I left that up to him.

I said goodbye to Laura, after promising to give mom a hug.

Then gave Lila a hug promising to visit soon.

Then Cooper. As I hugged him he told me to be safe. I promised and then kissed his cheek. He looked at me like I grew a second head, but I just smiled and walked away.

I watched as the tower came into view and was already missing the country.

Call me lame, but it was nice.

After we landed and went inside I received a twenty minutes rant from my newfound mom about how I shouldn't have come and other stuff. And half of it wasn't even directed at me!

Then when she was done I got a hug and told off for not calling ahead.

Oops!

After I had said hello to everyone I went to go unpack.

Books, bed stuff, clothes, everything. I had been unpacking for an hour there was a knock at my door.

I had headphones on so I barely heard it.

"Come in." I said pausing my music.

I looked up and watched Tony as he walked in.

This should be interesting.

"What's up?" I asked in a very nonchalant way.

"Just checking up on you. Wanted to see how you're doing." He replied as he looked around my room.

"Looking for something?" I asked.

"No." He stated.

"Okay." I said as I got up off the floor and walked over to my closet.

I grabbed a jacket to put on since I was only wearing a tank top and sweat pants.

"I am glad you're here though. I wanted to ask you a question." I said pushing him out of my room.

I walked to the elevator and waited for him to join me.

"Really?" He asked coming up behind me.

I nodded. "I need your input on something. I know you really want to make me a suit and all; but I like what I have now. So, with that in mind, I do need a new look I think. But, I get veto power. Okay?" I stated as we walked into the elevator.

"I already have some ideas." He said with a smile.

I laughed at him.

This was going to be interesting. Extremely interesting. I think I should be scared.

Hello everyone! First, I would like to say thank you to everyone who had voted on my story! So 🙏🏻!!! Second, we passed 4K!!!! Thank you to everyone for reading! Third, sorry this chapter is short! Also I went back and edited the past chapters so now the should all look like this! Forth, if you see any grammatical errors, let me know so I can fix them please! Anyways, thank you so much, let me know what you think. I know it's kinda weird, but I was out of ideas for this chapter. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I also auditioned for a play but won't know anything till tomorrow so fingers crossed!