He Isn't Gone...Right?

Chapter 4:

He woke up with a massive headache. What? Did he drink again or something? He opened his eyes and was greeted with a blinding light. This wasn't his room. He blinked a few times to stop the blinding light in his eyes and looked around. A hospital. It was rather dark besides light above him and the nurse checking the monitors hooked up to him. There were wires and a breathing mask on his face so he could breathe. His whole body felt numb. He realized he couldn't exactly breathe. What's keeping him breathing is the mask on his face. 

He looked over to the nurse and the nurse noticed he was awake. "Ah, your awake. Try to focus on breathing and go back to sleep. It's late, okay?" The nursed directed. Russia nodded and tried to go back to sleep but his head was in too much pain. The nurse soon left and the lights went out. He laid there in silence. His head started to get a fuzzy and before he knew it, he was out cold.

"He's in a Coma." The nurse said examining the monitors the following morning. "Get him on life support and we need his family, or someone who can get insurance... Quickly!" The assistant nurse rushed out of the room to the front desk while a flood of doctors and higher up nurses check up on him and set him on Life Support. 

"Keep the machine going so he can breathe. The amount of blood he lost slowed his heart rate to much and his brain is running on little to no oxygen, leading to his body to barely function." A doctor explained. "At this rate, he could become a vegetable. We need to stimulate his body and get his heart rate up, otherwise, he... he could die." 

A while later Russia's siblings came in and spoke to him, hoping he could hear them. His father, USSR, was outside the room while a Nurse explained the situation to him. 

"Russia? Don't go away...please." Belarus said, tears forming in her eyes. 

"He won't leave us. I promise." Ukraine told her and wrapped her up in a hug. Their father soon came into the room. He was quiet. He moved next to Ukraine and Belarus. He held his son's hand and looked at the bandages on his arms. They'd have to be replaced soon, the blood was visible. 

"It's surprising how so much blood loss could lead to this..." USSR spoke at last.

"What do you mean... 'to this'? Is he dead?!" Belarus shouted. Tears streaming down her face.

"No. No. No he's not dead. He won't die. Belarus, he's your oldest brother, he'll make it through this." USSR told her. Belarus's eyes glowed with hope for a moment before going back to it's dullness. 

"W-what happened to him?" Belarus asked. USSR looked at her and thought for moment.

"He was playing around with sharp objected like he shouldn't have been." USSR explained. He couldn't tell her about self-harm. She's too innocent. 

Ukraine continued, "So, don't ever play with sharp objects, okay?" He asked. Belarus nodded and smiled at her father and her brother. 

"Will do." 

Days passed and his condition wasn't getting any better. Every day his family would come to visit and they talked to him. He could hear them, and no matter how hard he tried he couldn't even move his toes, fingers, or even breathe on his own. "Please, please work body. Why won't anyone notice I'm trying to speak to everyone. I'm here...please." He begged, of course, he couldn't say any of that. He couldn't even open his eyes. He overheard the doctors saying that they might have to take him off life support if things don't get better. They're afraid his brain is taking major brain damage from this event. Though, he knows, they're wrong. He's completely fine. At least, he thinks so. Well, he can think properly and still can understand what people are saying. 

"At least, he might just be blind from the lack of blood going to veins in his eyes leading the veins to die out. We may have to do surgery in the future if he... survives. But not only that, but when he collapsed he hit his head on the floor. Not hard enough to break anything, but enough to damage his brain, and it might have hit where he can see, but it can also cause brain damage." The doctor explained to a nurse outside the room. Unfortunately, they forgot to close the door so Russia could hear them. 

"So that's why my head hurt so bad when I woke up..." Russia said. Of course, he can't actually speak due to the coma. He could feel the heat from the sun shining through the window. It was morning, and finally not cloudy. Russia basically gasped to himself because he could finally feel something, and out of everything it was heat..! That had to be a good thing. He's finally being able to have hope for himself. Let's see.... It's been a week and he can finally feel. How long will it be before he can move? Time could only tell. In the meantime, he might as well go over what he knows of learning Icelandic. Icelandic is a pretty dead language so it's hard to learn but, he thought it would be interesting to learn. It's not far of from the English pronunciations, which he is fluent in. 

News about Russia being in the hospital from self-harm soon spread around the school, eventually reaching America. He felt so bad. He must have put the idea into Russia's head. Or maybe he made Russia want to know what it felt like. He should say sorry, he thought to himself. But he would never be able to work up the courage to go to his hospital room, but, he really should, even though Russia won't be able to hear him. "Okay..." He thought to himself, "My decision is final. I'm going to go say sorry to him." So, keeping to his commitment, after school he walked all the way to hospital. He asked what room Russia's was and was given a 30 minute notice before visiting hours are over.

"Oh... Okay." He said simply, "I should try to come here faster next time...if there even if a next time." He thought to himself as he walked towards to elevator. Russia was on floor 4, room 206. He slid open the glass door and stepped in. Thankfully, no body else was there. He stood there for a moment just looking at the Russian, not sure of what to do. 

"H-hey Russia... It's me... America." He mumbled at first. He looked down at his shoes and shifted forwards. "I know you can't hear me but, I just wanted to say that... I'm sorry..." He stepped towards the hospital bed and sat on his knee's. He started to talk about how sorry he was and that he thinks he's the reason Russia is in here.

"Russia, I'm so sorry... don't forgive me, I don't deserve forgiveness. I'd never mean to put anyone in a hospital..."

Russia wanted to tell him it was his own foolishness for even thinking it was okay. But, Russia knew he wouldn't be able to tell him yet that just yet. "I guess we both feel like idiots." Russia said to himself. 

-----------------------------

Wow. Hi- So I haven't updated this story in so long and I'm sorry- h a h- But I'm trying to update it more often :'). 

Anway...I don't ship this ship anymore that's part of the reason why I stopped updating it, but I'm going to update it anyway even if it makes me revolt back into my cave of RusGer (I'm sorry- h), but um- ok- bye-

OH WAIT- THANK YOU FOR 1K READS OML- HOW- THANK YOU X'D

Word Count: 1319