Kakashi x Stepdaughter

Please Don't Leave

Modern AU

"Where are you going?"

"Just out with the girls."

"This is the sixth night this week you've gone out."

"So, what's your point?"

Akari sat in her room, trying to ignore the yelling voices of her parents. Her mom was going out with 'the girls' again, and her stepfather Kakashi was pissed about it again. Although he does have every right to be, she is cheating on him with his colleague Obito Uchiha. Akari caught her mom Mei, with the Uchiha three weeks ago when Kakashi was visiting Sunagakure as a guest lecturer at Suna University.

Mei and Obito were fooling around in the living room and was too caught up in their make-out session to hear Akari enter the house. Akari silently watched as her mom cheated on her stepdad with one of his closest friends. Quietly exiting the house and escaping to her best friend Hinatas' home, Akari's heart broke for Kakashi.

He was a good man and very loving towards Mei and Akari. He cared for Akari better than her biological father did. He spoiled her with gifts no matter what the occasion was, but he also taught her the real value in working hard. He was respectful of her personal space but would offer any advice or help when necessary. Being a college professor himself, he was always her go-to for help with schoolwork; he even planned a road trip to look at potential colleges during summer break. All in all, Kakashi was the best person in Akaris' life and hated her mom for cheating on him.

"Do you even want to spend time with your family?" Kakashi's voice yelled out, bringing Akari out of her thoughts.

"Kakashi don't be like that; I'll be back soon." Mei lied as she headed out the front door. Each night she went out, she didn't return home until well after midnight.

With her mind too distracted to focus on her calculus homework, Akari headed towards the kitchen for a snack. Passing the living room, she saw Kakashi standing in the middle of the room glaring at the door. Although he was pissed, she could see the look of sadness in his eyes. She wondered if he knew Mei was cheating on him. He probably did, he was a smart man after all, and Mei isn't trying very hard to hide the affair. It was only a matter of time before Kakashi left them, and that thought made her want to cry.

"Kakashi?" Akari's small voice broke him from his glaring. Turning to see the saddened look on his stepdaughter's face, Kakashi immediately relaxed, and the scowl on his face turned into a concerned frown.

"What's wrong, Akari?"

Not bothering to answer, she ran and hugged him as the tears fell from her eyes. She buried her face in his hard chest as her body trembled from crying. Kakashi was not sure why she was crying, but he didn't ask questions, he just wrapped one of his strong arms around her, holding her close, the other soothingly stroked her long black hair.

"Hey, hey there's no need to cry, tell me what's wrong?" He cooed softly.

"P-please don't leave." She sobbed.

"Akari, sweetie I'm not going anywhere, what are you talking about?"

"Y-you and mom h-have b-been fighting a lot, and she's never here anymore. I d-don't want you to leave us." She continued to cry into his chest.

Kakashi tightened his hold around her, holding her close to him trying to calm her down. "Akari I'm not going anywhere; whatever problems your mother and I are having we'll work it out." He tried to assure her.