⋇⋆✦⋆⋇Chapter 28⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

✧༺♥༻∞Chapter 28 ∞༺♥༻✧

Last Time...

Saiki put his new quill down and moved the paper and quill to the side. He blew out the candle and set his head down. With not even ten seconds of doing so, he fell to a very much needed sleep.

With Saiki (Third-Person Limited)

It felt like Saiki had just put his head down. With a dreamless sleep, he was woken up bright and early by the sounds of his Captain yelling at everyone to get up. Saiki did, his paper still right next to him from only about five hours before.

"Let's see, let's see, let's see," Meliodas said as he stood next to Saiki who was still waking himself up. "King, Knights, Tavern," he then listed off the categories while mumbling. "Ban: Tavern and knights, Diane: knights...King: Tavern, Meliodas: King- wait..." Captain Meliodas stopped reading.

"Saiki did I read this right?" He passed the paper to Saiki, "Me? A fill in for the king?" he questioned loudly, Saiki looked at the paper, "Unless Captain, you, yourself are blind. It also includes Elizabeth. You remember her right? Your go-to person in the tavern?" Saiki sarcastically responded as he stood up, his back aching from the uncomfortable position he has slept on.

"Why?" Meliodas dumbly asked. "You worked for the crown of the kingdom many times, you know what decisions they make and what they know best for the town," Saiki explained to him. "Plus" he added on "Elizabeth is with you, she is a literal princess,"

Saiki moved a bit to his right to see that Camelot was drawing near, while at it he was making another pot of coffee for himself. "Call everyone down so they can get their positions when we get them." Meliodas still shocked that Saiki qualified him for that position said nothing.

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "DIANE, BAN, HAWK, ELIZABETH, TERUHASHI, SHI, DIABLO, KING, GOWTHER!" he screamed loudly making the entire tavern tremble "GET DOWN HERE!" his throat started to ache.

Saiki sipped his hot coffee with a bit of milk as everyone in the tavern came flying or running down. "What happened is everyone okay?" Elizabeth called into the room, "Saiki?" Teruhashi called out looking for him. "Yeah go read that paper," he said pointing to Meliodas who was holding the paper, he sipped his coffee still hot as they processed what had happened. They then walked over to Meliodas.

"Uh Saiki," Teruhashi cut in "Why aren't we in it?" She asked "we" being Diablo, Shi, Saiki and herself. "Because we aren't staying here," he went around the bar counter and took a seat in the bar stool chair.

"Oh yeah," she mumbled sadly 'I do wanna stay' Saiki heard her think 'But Saiki doesn't, I've learned so much about him, and even after being in multiple life-or-death situations with him I understand he wants to go...' her thoughts paused for a moment 'But even though, I still love him, even for his powers. I loved him since the beginning and I still do now...and he's probably listening to my thought right now...' she realized then turned bright red and looked over at him.

Saiki quickly turned his back to her and quickly drank the rest of his coffee. "I can't see it! What am I doing?" Diane pouted as she tried to look over the wave of people. "Diane, your working with the knights," King said softly. "And I?" Elizabeth asked, "You are..." King skimmed through the paper and saw her names on both sections. "You're becoming Royalty, you are gonna be in the position of the Queen," he said, Elizabeth frowned. "You can also work in the tavern," King added. That made her face swell up with delight.