Part six

(Chloe's POV)

I watch as multiple iron men fly towards me.

I outstretch my arms as I pull the shadows towards me. I take out the first one that gets close to me by ripping it in half.

The second one flys at me from behind, throwing me into the wall. I thrust my hand out engulfing it in shadows, I make a fist and hear a crunch. I hear the sound of a repulser warming up and fire, I backflip out of the way.

"Ah!" I look down at my foot to see one of my boots charred. Another one of Stark's robo cops comes straight at me.

I stand up and wait for it to get to me. As soon as it is within five feet of me I run at it as fast as I can and I boosted myself into the air.

I must be really mad since I can only access my telekinesis when I get really emotional.

I phase through the metal man completely destroying the mane frame. I land on the ground and my left leg crumples under the pressure.

"Ah! Stupid Stark!" I winced.

I pull off my boot and quickly examine my foot. It was burned pretty bad, I closed my eyes and concentrated on the pain in my foot as I moved my hand over it. When I opened my eyes I didn't even have a mark.

At the exact moment I stand up testing my leg, I am pulled up off the ground and lifted five, ten, fifteen feet in the air. As I struggle to get free two more of the metal men fly at me and I'm surrounded by metal.

"Enough!!!" I scream as I engulf both me and the metal men in shadows.

Everything is quite. Peaceful. But I can feel the anger inside of me bubble. I scream in rage as I shatter every one of the bots.

I hear glass shatter as the darkness that was surrounding me dissipates. I levitate to the ground and slowly my feet touch the ground and I plop onto the ground breathing heavy.

I look around at the broken robots and spot my charred boot. I hear a door open and footsteps running towards me.

"Sorry." I said as I look up at Tony gawking at me.

"What were those things?"

"I call them my iron legion. Jarvis controls them." Tony said vary matter of factly.

"Jarvis?" Tony sighed as he shook his head.

"He's an AI. Artificial intelligence. Basically a robot."

"Oh." I mumbled, although I have no idea what he just said.

"If you were a Valkyrie Chloe, your enemy's on the battlefield would surely beg for your mercy !" Thor said as he slapped Tony on the shoulder.

I smiled at Thor's compliment.

"Are you okay?" Clint asks as he bends down to examine my foot.

"Who thought it would be a good idea to have a bunch of Tony's legion attack her?" Steve angrily asked as he pointed at me.

While I admired his worry, I could take care of myself. But I didn't say anything because he has already made a deal out of it. But I was curious why they decided to just send me in without knowing what I had to fight.

"Oui. Did you just expect me to know how to fight? What if I didn't know how to defend myself? What would you have done then? Hmm?" I questioned them as I stand up.

"Um... well... let's not focus on the negative things right now, okay? Besides, look at my legionnaires! You ripped that one in half! You shredded that one! And the others you completely obliterated!
I don't even know what you did to that one!" Tony said as he angrily waved his hands towards the different robot parts around the room.

"Tony you can be mad about about the robots later." Steve said.

"How about for now, you tell us how Chloe's body reacted when she used her power?" He said as he placed his hand gently on my shoulder.

Tony muttered something under his breath before he walked out of the room.

"Do-do we follow him?" I said to no one in particular.

Bruce followed Tony out and so did Thor. Clint grab my boot for me and then walked with Steve out of the room.

"You did a good job. Although there was a moment there where I thought you were done for. You did really good." Natasha commented.

"Merci Natasha." I said tiredly.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Just tired." I lied.

In truth, my entire body hurt. My heart was racing, I could barely breath, and I was barely awake.

Nat looked at me weirdly.

She can probably tell I'm lying.

I follow Natasha out of the room stumbling a little.

"Are you okay?" Nat asks as she turns to look at me.

"I'm fine. I tripped." I lied.

Again she can probably tell. She turned back around and continued walking.

"So?" Steve asks once I walk in.

"Well her vitals were completely normal until she got shot. Of course everything went haywire cause she got hurt, but even after she healed herself, her heart beat kept speeding up, her breathing was more rigid, and her vitals kept getting faster." Bruce said carefully.

"So what's that mean?" Clint asked.

"It means, that as I used my powers more and more, my body reacted." I explained.

"What? Hydra taught me stuff." I said when I noticed the looks everyone was giving me.

"Yeah. So... basically it means everything that Chloe just said." Bruce said surprised.

"So what does that mean exactly?" Natasha asked.

"Well, my best guess is that it means that Chloe's body isn't used to all the stress that using her powers causes. If she doesn't get used to the stress that it causes her, she could eventually die." Bruce said solemnly.

There was a collective silence that was so quiet it would have scared anyone.

"How long?" Thor asked

"What?" Tony said looking up at the god of thunder.

"How long would she last until she would give out?" Thor repeated.

"Without proper training? Maybe, two months? Three if she's lucky." Bruce said looking at Tony.

"So train me." I said bluntly.

If I didn't train, I could die. I didn't like to train, but I didn't want to die.

"If I don't train I'll die. So train me. I want to help." I said turning towards Natasha.

"Please!" I said in French to Natasha as I made puppy dog eyes, stuck my bottom lip out, and folded my hands like a little kid would when they beg for something.

Nat muttered something under her breath.

"Ugh. I'm going to regret this aren't I? Alright, Fine." She finally gave in.

"Yes!" I exclaimed excitedly.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, so I turned around and saw Steve.

"Why don't we figure out a way to train you before you get all excited. Besides, we don't even know that training you will make things better or worse." He told me gently.

I frowned. I understood that he was trying to make sure that I was safe, but at that moment all I could think about was training.

So I'm sorry that these past chapters have kinda been boring, but I promise that I will pick up so! Hope you guys enjoy! And please tell me what you guys think! I really appreciate the feedback!