⋇⋆✦⋆⋇Chapter 14⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Last Time...

As Saiki stepped closer to the bush the closest to the river, he saw movement in the trees. That distracted him for a moment, he was then toppled to the ground but a large group, as more came out from the trees and bushed, he heard the water lose it's beating as the things began to laugh harder. 

With Saiki (Third-person Limited)

Saiki took a good look at the creatures who were pulling and tugging at him they all tried to lift him off the ground but Saiki was kicking around in an attempt to at least hit one, but his powers were being held back by them, it didn't even affect them at all when used at them. He looked up to see that they were all very short at first Saiki thought they were just a bunch of kids tricking him, but with much more inspection and common sense as well. Kids are one thing those creatures are not.

They all looked identical from one another, all had slimy green skin with a bird-like beak on their faces. They had lowered heads which held water that moved along the brims of their heads. They were finally able to pick up Saiki but slowly moved him to the deep but small river bank. Saiki had noticed their webbed fingers and toes. Putting all their physical attributes and their mannerism together he knew what they were, and why he couldn't read their minds.

Those things tricking Saiki into coming towards them was, Japan's infamous Kappas. (You are going to be hit with facts). In Japanese folklore, Kappas lived near the rivers and lakes. When bad kids would come around they would try to drown them. They would also take cows and horses to eat. (They would also do some other things, but I'm not going too far into detail since the Kappas are not the most appropriate folklore there is and I don't wanna get my profile flagged if you want to know more go on Wiki search)   

Saiki continued to tug at the Kappas who were stepping closer to the river. Saiki found a way to teleport out of their grasp which seemed to anger them, but as Saiki heard in folklores Kappas are very polite and if he can knock the water on their head down they would all die. Saiki turned to them as he gave a deep bow as to many returned, the water spilled from their bowl like heads. Making an almost instant death.

Though only around fifty out of two hundred bowed back as for the remaining one hundred and fifty, well, to say at the least, they were not happy.  They all came charging at Saiki who tried to deflect them but they were too strong as a few punched Saiki in the ribs and stomach toppling him to the ground and proceeded to beat him up. Saiki took a ball of electricity and threw it at them but they all moved so they wouldn't get hit.

They kept dodging and beating Saiki up as he had never felt so weak, he couldn't read minds nor could he use his powers. Saiki then got a wave of inspiration he forced himself to teleport back though he was very tired, he then teleported a bag full of cucumbers and began throwing them around into the water and forest as far as he could from the tavern and him, the Kappas now ignored Saiki as they went running to get their favorite food, cucumbers. (Fact!)

They all dispersed as they ran to get the most and best cucumbers as Saiki ran back to the tavern, he could feel blood leaking down his nose as the sun began to set. All he wanted was to sleep, but he couldn't even have that. Saiki opened the door to the tavern to see it was now empty, though everyone who lived in the tavern was around the bar.

They all turned to look at Saiki, their faces had dropped. "Saiki, what happened?" Teruhashi asked as she quickly got up and gave him a washcloth. "Kappas." he sighed as he wiped his face from the blood, most of it gone. Teruhashi walked snatched the cloth from his hands and turned his face, to clean it better from a different angle. Teruhashi looked up at him "Kappas? Really, Saiki, I've known you for two years, better come up with a better lie than that." she said.

Saiki rolled his eyes and looked at her sharply then took the red cloth from her hands. "Yes, Kappas. They live here," he scoffed, clearly angered for not believing him. "Didn't you guys know?" Saiki questioned as his eyes landed on Meliodas. "You mean the turtmans?" he asked "Turtmans?" Saiki repeated clearly not amused by the demonic creatures. "Yeah looks half human half turtle, we do have them around the rivers they're just uncommon." he shrugged.

"Well," Saiki scoffed at Meliodas "they are officially called Kappas, and for your information they kill people," he shouted at the end. "You know what, I'm sleeping upstairs in Ban's room tonight. Ban find another's room to sleep in, there is four. King if you like you can still sleep in that room." he offered as he went upstairs.

"Oh King come upstairs, I need someone decent to talk to." he said, "What's wrong with the rest of us?" Diane questioned angerly. Saiki looked at her, and pointed "too girly," he then pointed at Meliodas "too perverted" then Ban "too drunk." Gowther "too little emotional intelligence" then Merlin "too insane" and then he pointed at Teruhashi and paused for a moment then began to speak again, "I've known you for too long." he said as he walked upstairs King tagging behind him.

"And me? Oink!" Hawk interrupted, "Loudmouth," Saiki said without even looking at him and proceeded to go up the stairs into Ban and King's shared room. The tavern had four bedrooms, one for Teruhashi and Diane to share one for Gowther and King, one for Meliodas and Gowther, and one room all to herself Merlin. Saiki growled at just hearing her name and flopped onto a soft bed.

King just looked at him for a moment, then shrugged. Saiki was too tired to deal with anything as he fell asleep before being able to have a very much needed decent conversation. 

A.N- So Kappa's are real and used folklore used in Japan, I researched them before I began to write about them. Though I did make them a little more superhuman that what they really are meant to be.