⋇⋆✦⋆⋇Chapter 13⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Last Time...

 She was hiding a dark side of her, and to get what she wants, she'd hurt Saiki in the process.

With Saiki and Merlin (Third-person limited)

Saiki crossed his arms as he and Merlin were outside in the back of the tavern, about to discuss what she wanted. Merlin had walked out of the bar as she closed the door behind her, it was misty and foggy as you could hear animals running from horses and hunters is the distance, hearing the far but soft gallops against the hard dirt road, hunter's ignoring their horses complain, Saiki as well wanted to complain of the work, he was a seventeen-year-old high school student working in a tavern with insane people. Now he truly understood what Mera had gone through to gain her family money.

    "So Saiki," Merlin said interrupting the peaceful surroundings with her voice, his name with toxin lacing the word. "What are you?" she asked, "I've been staying up, much like what you have but I have found nothing to match your kind?" she said as peacefully as she could muster. "You're no demon you just didn't fit into that category, to small to be a giant, too big to be a fairy, you're not immortal since you don't heal as quickly as Ban and not a doll, like Gowther since you have feelings and can make things out for yourself." 

"Gowther's a doll?" Saiki questioned, "Yes, but answer my question. What. Are. You?" she clearly said. "I'm human," he said, "Yes, Teruhashi also said that," she thought, Saiki rolled his eyes, and found a great way to finish off this conversation "You know," he said slyly "I was raised in a human household, I was told that I was human. If they were lying to me, I wouldn't know." Saiki said, "I...suppose." she said as she was hiding a grim expression on her face.

"Now go inside and get working," she shooed him away as she heard the large chattering of people coming from inside, "We will be setting off tomorrow anyway," she continued to move him also, "But what can I say, you only take words from Captain," she wrapped her hands around his neck, Saiki knew what she was doing, she was trying to seduce him. Saiki quickly pushed her off and opened the entered the tavern to begin working. 

Merlin left outside, angered and frustrated as she saw Saiki's bright hair leave her sight into the tavern. She was going to hurt him somehow, but she knew she wouldn't be able to hurt him, she had to find someone close to him, someone, that he seemed to know for years, she turned her head to see into the tavern window, he was talking to Teruhashi not hearing their conversation but she didn't need to. A smiling smirk came onto her face, she had found who she was going to need to hurt.

Inside the Tavern

Saiki stepped inside the tavern, hearing Merlin's thoughts clearly but they slowly got quieter as he went inside. He began to set out cups and Vanya ale to customers chugging their drinks, "Saiki!" Teruhashi called as she raised up three fingers, Saiki nodded he took out three more cups, opening and pouring the beer into the cups as he leaped over the bar and traded the dirty cups with full new ones, "Thanks Saiki," she smiled, "by the way, can you go get Ban three more plates of food," Saiki raised his eyebrows, but nodded as he had the customers waiting, he nodded. With a strange and eerie sensation in his stomach, something was not right, he took a glass of water and began to drink it as the sensation went down.

He went into the back as a large headache appeared once again, the image was the tavern in a new location. Saiki waited for the headache to pass as he began to get the plates and pass them on to Teruhashi, he continued to think of what was going to happen to the tavern or the people (and creatures) inside, he went behind the bar counter as he cleaned some more glasses, as that was now what he did in his spare time.

He continued to think, about the everyone, his family, the sins, the fact that he was a sin. "Saiki, Saiki!" a loud voice entered his thoughts, it surprised him so much that he dropped the cup quieting the tavern, Saiki saw that it was King that took him out of his daze, "Yeah?" he said as the tavern slowly got louder over time.

"Are you okay?" he asked as he scrunched up his eyebrows, Saiki nodded as he put together the cups once again with setting back time a little bit. "Why do you ask?" Saiki questioned as King was still standing, "Well I was asking since you didn't listen to anyone for the past three hours, you were just standing there cleaning cups." King said worriedly "Three hours?" he scoffed he looked outside, he began to clean the cups around twelve o'clock.

He looked outside, the sun was still up, but with using x-ray vision on the roof, he saw that it was up and high, it was lower. Around three o'clock give or take. "That's strange," he said, "You didn't sleep so I'll take your spot for the rest of the day as you sleep," King said as he poured the cups, as he floated mid-air.

Saiki nodded as he went outside, he didn't have an official bedroom so he would go wherever to sleep, it's not like he had slept much either way. Staying up to sew or to clean or something. Saiki went walking around, not too far from the Boar's Hat though. After a little while of looking, he found a nice spot.

It was near a river as he heard splashes from water hitting the rocks, it was now warm outside and a perfect and clear day. He closed his eyes as he fell asleep quickly.

~

Saiki's eye snapped open as he felt something tugging at his foot. Saiki looked up and around to see no one there. He was about to lay back down as he felt tugging at his food and heard snickering coming from the trees. Saiki stood up quickly not knowing what was there lurking in the tree's and bushes. Saiki took out his dagger from his coat pocket as he usually keeps it there and made it grow the size of a knight's sword.

He continued to hear snickering, but no thoughts. He continued to move towards the forest to find what it was. Though just in case, he looked towards the Boar's Hat, he could still see the bright yellow roof. Everything was fine if they didn't leave him, and even if they did, Saiki could teleport to them.

As Saiki stepped closer to the bush the closest to the river, he saw movement in the trees. That distracted him for a moment, he was then toppled to the ground but a large group, as more came out from the trees and bushed, he heard the water lose it's beating as the things began to laugh harder. 

Hello, I hope you like this chapter. I don't own the Seven Deadly Sins or the Disasterous Life Of Saiki K.

On a new note, I'm sorry for leaving you all on a cliff hanger, I hope you liked it and continue to read.