Connections

Hello Hello!!! Y'all, I'm sorry this is a day late but I currently have family over for a funeral. Things have been hectic, but das ok. Anyways, I'm not super happy with the last couple of paragraphs, but I think the beginning makes up for it. You know, just in my opinion. Tell me what you think in the comments!!! Pretty please?!?! I really enjoy reading through your thoughts, so please leave some words! I hope you enjoy this update!

--------------------------------------------------

It was too much.

The feeling of the light on his skin was like millions of tiny pinpricks, the previously itchy hospital clothes had become unbearable and made his skin feel as though it was being burned. Even the feeling of the skin of his fingers and palms were bristly and painful to rub together.

The sounds of people talking buzzed in his ears as though a fly had crawled into them and laid their eggs, leaving millions of screeching, wriggling maggots infesting his eardrums while the endless beeping and whirring of the hospital machines made his head ring and his brain feel as though it was being stabbed by hundreds of needles simultaneously with every goddamn beep. The sound of his inhale and exhale sounded as though rockets were going off in front of him.

The smells of his sterile room made his head pang with every inhale, and the disgusting sour perfume the nurse wore gave him a migraine that made him think his head would explode. The taste of his own mouth haunted him, the taste of his own flesh filling his mind constantly. He wanted to rip it out, to be rid of the rotting flesh taste, but he didn’t think he could handle the taste of blood. It felt as though an immeasurable amount of things were going off and filling his head to the brim, making it impossible to think or comprehend. It was too much.

Until it wasn’t. It all just… stopped. The light blinked away, the clothes were gone, and the maggots seized still. He felt like he was floating. “There you go,” Aizawa whispered.

Izuku sat up slowly. “What’d you do?” He asked.
“At the moment, I’m using my quirk. The doctors want to try something.”

Izuku didn’t like the sound of that. “What is it?”

“Well, they had an experimental quirk suppressant sent over, and they want to try it.”

Izuku gulped. “Will it hurt?” He whispered.
Aizawa sighed. “Honestly? I don’t know. I don’t think so, but as I said, it’s experimental. Tests are still running on it. Let’s look at it this way, though. The pain that this could cause,” he shook something, causing a metallic ting, “would be nothing compared to the pain you go through with your quirk.”

Izuku thought about it. He nodded, still reveling in the fact that he could actually form coherent thoughts. “...Okay. Let's do it.” He nodded determinedly. If he could be able to function again, it was absolutely worth it.

He heard Aizawa stand and huff. The pain came back in a rush. Even though the pain only lasted for a second or two, Izuku screamed in surprise and pain. It was soon gone again, disappearing as quickly as it came.

“Sorry! Sorry, I should have warned you. My quirk is Erasure, meaning I can erase other people’s quirk by looking at them, but it stops as soon as I blink. I should have warned you, I’m sorry.” Izuku just nodded, willing his nausea away.

"Midoriya, I’m going to have to touch you to put the suppressor on, okay?”

Izuku took a deep breath and nodded once, preparing himself for the incoming interaction. He felt Aizawa grab hold of his elbow. He touch was gentle, but Izuku still locked up at the touch. Was Aizawa hurt? Was he hurting him? What if something went wrong and Aizawa held on for too long and- and it was over. Aizawa had slid on the suppressor and let go.