From a friend

Hospital part II

____________________________________________________________

"How are you?" I asked as I peeled another apple.

"Fine, just........a bit shaken up" she replied meekly.

I look towards her direction, and all I could see was a defeated woman. Like the heavens and the hell crashed with her, she no longer appear as the bubbly and energetic Jamie I knew.

It broke her.

The betrayal from her once trusted family member. She was stabbed in the dark, killed without spitting the bones for her family to grieve onto.

Because they were once swallowed up, and died without anyone's knowledge.

"I should've known, I proclaimed myself as his most trusted confidant. All his plans were shared, all his feelings and all the love he gave me, is it all fake?" then her tears fell one by one.

I feel sad, yet happy at the same time. She was free of her uncle's clutches, he can no longer control her but in the expense of freeing hurt was the pain.

The unbearable pain you experience after a betrayal, by your own kin.

"Why? Why did he do that?! How could he?!"

Then she trashed the room while I pin her down with my hands. She was struggling to break free but I was keeping her unable to.

"Jamie! Listen to me-"

"No! I do-"

"Jamie!"

She continued to scream and all I could think was to make her come back to her old self.

Slap!

Her struggles stop when she was faced with my hands. Trembling, she lifts her hand from her burning cheek as she looks at me in utter confusion.

"Snap out of it! It's not the end of the world! Everything happens for a reason, you know that. Now, please calm yourself, he wasn't worth to cry for. Yes you may cry now, but not tomorrow. You would be your usual self, a new version of you, okay?" I pleaded with my eyes and the way my hand grip hers.

She calms down and uttered a single word.

"Why?"

I could hear the desperation and the accusation in her eyes, and right there I knew, she wants to hear the reason why I hid this shocking revelation to her.

"It was for your good. Your uncle.........he was a man of many tricks. He hid his true self to all of you for decades, and no one even knows the real him and his plans!" keeping my eyes at her, I stood still and waited for her response.

But she just hugs me, caught me on guard by her action. Her tears stained my shirt but I didn't care, she was more important.

For a friend, I'll do everything I can.

I leave her be after some time had passed, as usual, I sent a smile towards nurse Jules. Her eyes darted over me as she suddenly stops the conversation of hers to actually talk to me.

"Nurse Jules? What is it?"

"Your......your twin. She visited" she looks at me gravely.

"I'm sure she meant good, after all, it's our younger sister she's visiting" I calm my nerves down.

Liar.

You know how her eyes look when she did that.

Nurse Jules was called out again as I finally leave the hospital, my mind still racing on how and why Ara would visit her worst nightmare.

Is it with a hidden meaning, or just casually visiting?

I was about to get off when I saw a certain someone, with her face pale in fright I walked towards her.

"Well, well, well, if it wasn't.....

________________________________________

Thank you for your endless support guys!!! I really really really so so much to the max appreciated your votes and comments!!!

I love reading your thoughts on my books and if you can, might as well suggest some new ideas.

So that's it, hope you love this chapter!!!

Please do Vote. Comment. Share.