To save her

Help part II

_________________________________________________

I opened the door and instantly I was welcomed by the warm air blasted on my face. As I walk through the tables, the sight of the restaurant didn't occur to me for i was preoccupuwith something more valuable.

It is indeed classy and the chefs maybe top tier but all I see was Jamie and her family singing Happy birthday to a guy.

My feet stopped and I was creasing my forehead in thought. Wasn't it her birthday?

Why?

Why is she celebrating with some..... guy?

"Ms?"

I took my eyes off of them and saw a personnel in the restaurant looking at me in confusion. Of course who wouldn't be?

Here I am, standing like a statue in the middle of the restaurant.

"Uhm....I was, I mean I'm her friend and we're actually celebrating her birthday but it was...?" she smiled at me and whispered.

"It's her brother, those two are really good with each other. Unfortunately, her brother has a down syndrome and it's his birthday now" she revealed.

"Her-- Her what? Brother?" I was rendered speechless.

I knew about her future but this, this is all new to me. I didn't even knew she have a brother and what more, she lied to me.

"Do you want me to lead you at their table?" she politely ask.

"No thank you, I'll go there myself. Oh, and thank you by the way" then she smiled while I walk away.

My shoes were sending a click clack sound, almost a rhythm as I walk towards her family. There I saw the smiling face of Jamie, my best friend.

She look so happy, her eyes were drawn to her brother and I could see fondness behind it. She was pecking him in his forehead, I could hear the laughter's and voice of her family as I neared through them.

"Jamie?" that came off as a question.

She lifts her head and I can see shock and fear on her face as she clutch the hand of his brother. Her family turn towards us and ushered Jamie towards me, leaving us to talk.

"Wanna join the party?" Jamie ask.

"Hell yeah"

Then off we go as another round of laughter's and happy tears are shed.
......

"I'm sorry for not telling you" I could hear the remorse on her tone.

"Don't be, I totally understand you. I'm just a little bit hurt, but it's fine. Family comes first, and I'm glad I met him, even though it's only just a glance" she giggled at me.

"He was totally in love with the cake, so yep" she grinned at me, then we giggled together.

This is the only time that I saw her so happy and free, as if everything was fine. She was no longer the fierce and joker girl but a doting older sister towards her younger brother.