14 - Villains Breach... Or Not?

"Lunch with us, dude?" Three of his new classmates approach the table of a tall boy with hair the colour of purple nightshades when the lunch bell rings.

"Nah, I'm good, thanks." Rubbing the back of his neck, Shinsou Hitoshi gives the same reply he did the previous 2 days.

"Suit yourself," they turn away to talk to other classmates.

Hitoshi can tell their amiability is wearing out but he simply isn't comfortable being chummy with them when they'd just leave after finding out his Quirk. Unlike the Hero Course, the General Course focuses mainly on academic pursuits so there aren't many events one can showcase their Quirk. This was how his Brainwashing remained unknown to his peers, though the status quo won't last long with the upcoming Sports Festival.

Besides, he has no intention of making friends.

Grabbing the convenience store bag filled with food he bought on the way to school that morning, Hitoshi leaves the classroom, a bit of anticipation in his heart. Let's hope they like chicken and tuna.

However, he wasn't even halfway to the spot he found yesterday when an alarm starts blaring out.

There has been a Level 3 security breach—」

Before he can process that warning, two teachers rush out from the other end of the sheltered linkway Hitoshi is strolling through. One of them has bandages hanging loosely around his neck and the other has hair like a rooster's. The former is mumbling about how his day couldn't get worse, until he notices Hitoshi.

"Kid, get back to the school building."

"Yeah, who knows what those trespassers would do if they catch a student," the other man added, before the two hurry past Hitoshi and vanish from sight.

"That's... the way to the entrance."

From the warning message, what the teachers said and the direction they were headed in, Hitoshi is almost certain that the U.A. barrier, one that kept outsiders from entering the school, is down. In spite of himself, he feels his legs striding in the men's footsteps.

"Those teachers can handle themselves."

"I might not be able to do a thing."

"I'll just be a nuisance."

"But..."

On the off chance that his Quirk can be useful, he wants to help.

So when he spots from a distance a familiar blue-haired shortie straight on collision course with the trespassers—who turned out to be just reporters famished for news on U.A.'s new teacher, All Might—his body reacts faster than his mind.

"Hey... lost kid," he says dully, not showing his relief at having reached her in time.

"Huh? Oh, it's you, Saviour! Did you hear the alarm just now?"

He falters a little at what she called him, "The name's Shinsou Hitoshi. Yeah, the media somehow made their way past the barrier."

"So it's not villains..." the bluenette mumbles to herself.

"Go this way," Hitoshi points at the path he came from, "the route you're going in is dangerous." They'll eat such a tiny kid alive, those vultures. Especially if they find out she's from 1-A, All Might's class. He's seen how pushy they were this morning.