Right in the Heart

Izuku P.o.V.

I've been dating Ochaco for 8 months now. And now it's Valentine's day. I can barely contain my excitement and not to mention anxiety. I stayed up for hours overnight just trying to get everything ready for her. A heart-shaped box full of chocolate covered strawberries made from my very own recipe of chocolate and the ripest strawberries at Walmart. Check. A bouquet of multicolored roses. Check. A card that said 'Happy Valentine's Day' on the cover and proceeded to say 'I Love you Ochaco' on the inside. Check.

She loved it whenever I made stuff like this for her. She would throw her arms around my neck, intertwine her arms, kiss me for about 10 seconds, and then say "I love you, Deku." I just couldn't wait to see her reaction.

I headed towards her dorm and unlocked to the door (she gave me a copy of the key) and then opened it. "Happy Valentines Day Ochaco," I said with a wide grin and shut eyes. When I opened my eyes what I expected to see was Ochaco smiling back.

But no. Fate had other plans, to my disappointment. She was sitting on her bed. So was Kacchan. Her arms were intertwined behind Kacchan's neck. Kacchan's hands were on her hips. Her eyes where closed. So was his. They were also kissing. Passionately. Each other. Their lips separated. Ochaco opened her eyes and said, "I love you, Katsuki."

Why? Why? Why? No matter how many times I say it it won't make sense. Kacchan has already stolen my dignity when we were younger. He also stole my kissing position with my girlfriend. Mine and my girlfriend's day to be together. My girlfriend. My happiness. But the real moment  that hurt is how they didn't even notice I was there. They were acting like nobody was watching. 

I was. I was watching. I was watching them be super lovey around each other. However someone else was watching. But more on that later. Ochaco and Kacchan- no, they knew I was there because they heard me when I dropped all my gifts that I was going to give to Ochaco. The family recipe Walmart strawberries. The rainbow roses. The Valentine's Day card. I dropped all these objects that I spent time, money, energy, and sleep on. But those were just objects that showed my love. What else did I drop. A tear. My heart. My happiness. 

"Deku I-I-," Ochaco tried to explain the current situation she had put us all in.

"S-save it, whatever you're g-going to say. J-just save it." I interrupted her. I didn't care. Nothing that she was going to say was going to help. Then I yelled "I don't want to hear your voice!"

"Please Deku, t-try to understand," she said, "It' not what it looks like.

"It looks like Bakugo confronted his feeling to you, and you reciprocated them. Or do I need to get my eyes checked?" I now had a sarcastic, monotone, even emotionless voice.  

"D-Deku I- uh-" she was even speechless about the situation, she probably would have made up a half-assed excuse, but this time she was cut off by Kacchan.

"Well he's not wrong."

That was it. my breaking point. The last straw. The edge of my anger. Everything that I had done for the last 8 months I had done with her in mind. Its like making a beautiful, exquisite cake and throwing down a trash can labeled 'Bakugo,' where it proceeded to be burnt in the furnace of lost hopes and dreams. So there were a few things I could've done. 

1. Kill Kacchan. But I would be a criminal.

2. Kill myself. Too much effort

3. Run away. Perfect.

I activated One for All Full Cowling and booked it down. I ran out of my ex-girlfriends room. I ran down multiple flights of stairs. I ran out of the common area. I knew I would get odd looks. I couldn't tell who they were from though, I ran to fast. Its not like it matters. This is very unusual for me. But I had to run. I couldn't take looking at Ochaco for another second. She made me be this way. I ran crying. I ran for what felt like hours. It wasn't. In actuality it was only a minute or so. After deactivating my Quirk, I made my way to a back alley. I then sat down curled up in a ball, and cried.

Ochaco P.o.V.

Deku suddenly activated his Quirk and ran. I tried to keep up with him, but it was hopeless with his Quirk. But I still ran into the common area with Bakugo behind me, where everyone looked like they saw a ghost. Everyone was stationary and silent with blank stares of into space. Nothing so much as a blink came from them. The group that was in the common are consisted of Iida, Momo, Todoroki, Tsuyu, and Kirishima (not counting Bakugo and I). Kirishima looked weird. His hair was bent sideways, probably from Izuku's speed.

Momo walked right up to me and asked with a monotone voice and a blank expression, "What did you do to Midoriya?"

Toga P.o.V.

Wait... what just happened.

I was just peeking harmlessly through Izu's girlfriend's room when I witnessed Her cheating on him. Baka-go confessed his feeling to her, and she accepted them- NO, she returned them. She pulled Baka-go into a deep kiss. They deserve to die. When my sweet Izu walked in the room. he should have been spared the sight. The only girl he ever had romantic emotions for was sucking face with his ex-best friend. I should have told him what I saw myself, letting me comfort him. He abruptly runs out and the new couple chases after him. When everyone was out of sight I crept back into Ochaco's room and stole the chocolate strawberries and the bouquet. But I left the card. She deserves to feel the sting of replacing my sweet Izu.

9/1/2018 at like 1:30 in the friggin morning.

(A/N) Hey thank you for reading. If you're reading this chances are you read everything up there. As i said this is my first fanfic so constructive criticism in appreciated. I will update soon because I'm bored a lot. School's easy and sports ended. Stay posted for more content. 1070 words, so that's cool.

So, uh, yeah.